I took a self-defense class over the weekend. It was a great reminder of things to look out for or things to do. So, I thought I’d share some of their tips. And, these things are good for women, men, and children.
- Avoid conflict. Just because someone cut you off in traffic doesn’t mean that you have to get road rage. Don’t risk a confrontation. Instead, just don’t react.
- Be conscious of your environment. Be mindful of who’s hanging around and what’s going on. Don’t just walk looking at youripod with your headphones on.
- Park in well lit areas.
- Don’t walk alone- go with a pal.
- If there’s someone creepy, turn around and go back into the store. Get a security guard to walk you out. Call the police.
- Trust your instincts.
- If you’re alone, pick up you cell phone and call someone. Call a friend. Call the police if you feel threatened. Criminals are less likely to attack if someone else knows what’s going on.
- Watch your body language. Make eye contact. Walk with your head up, and walk purposefully. Don’t look like a victim. Walk with confidence.
- If someone tells you to give them your wallet or purse. Give it to them. But, throw it off to the side and run away as fast as you can.
- Stay calm. Practice what you would do if you are in a bad situation.
- Yell. Make as much noise as possible. Get someone else’s attention for help.
Here are some more of the moves that can help you get out of a situation…