For today’s Unprocessed October post… Did you know that you can roast any hard winter squash seeds and make a yummy and healthy snack? It’s true!
I love roasted pumpkin seeds! After carving those Halloween pumpkins as a kid, we always roasted the seeds with a little salt. What a yummy snack! And, as far as I can tell, any hard-shelled winter squash (butternut, acorn, pumpkin, spaghetti squash, any!) can be cleaned up and roasted into a fun and nostalgic snack! So I roasted some butternut squash seeds up for a perfect unprocessed snack!
- Seeds of any hard winter squash
- a little oil
- a sprinkle of salt
- Just get the seeds out of the pulp, rise and pat them dry.
- Spread the seeds on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and sprinkle some salt over the top.
- Roast in a 350 degree F. oven for about 20-30 minutes (timing will depend on how many seeds you have on the tray), until they are crunchy and golden brown.
- Enjoy your crunchy salty snack.
Breakfast: scrambled eggs and toasted homemade bread
Lunch: leftover potato casserole with corn sauce
Dinner: rigatoni with butternut squash, onions, thyme, pine nuts, and blue cheese