I haven’t done a front yard remodel update in awhile. All the rain we’ve had lately has slowed us down a bit, but hasn’t stopped us.
For those of you who don’t know, We decided to dig out part of our front lawn and put in drought tolerant plants. This landscaping with drought tolerant and native plants is called Xeriscaping. I think what we really need at this point is an artist’s rendition poster of the proposed finished area so that the neighbors can actually picture what we are doing. Here are links to my two prior posts about the project: Part 1 and Part 2
So, here are some picture of the progress:
The next steps will go something like this:
- Dan will build out the four boardwalks
- I will place weed barrier in the planting areas
- I will plant the drought tolerant plants. I plan on using mostly grasses- ones that will remind us of the beaches in Washington
- We will mulch the planting areas
- Sit back and enjoy not watering or mowing that part of the yard
Wish us luck, and check back on the Xeriscaping progress. Here’s a link to all the posts.