I raise my glass to you with the Kiss of the Irish Coffee with green whipped cream, and wish you a happy and safe Saint Patrick’s Day!
May you have warm words on a cold evening,
a full moon on a dark night,
and the road downhill all the way to your door.
And, in my glass tomorrow, you’ll probably find a Kiss of the Irish Coffee.
May your troubles be less,
And your blessing be more.
And nothing but happiness,
Come through your door.
Kiss of the Irish Coffee with green whipped cream Recipe
Kiss of the Irish Coffee
- 1 ½ oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup whole milk or half and half
- Large handful of ice
- Whipped cream green color optional, recipe below*
- Pour Bailey’s, sugar, coffee, and milk in a shaker. Add ice. Shake like the dickens. Strain from shaker to mug or glass. Float cold green whipped cream gently on top.
Recipe can be doubled or tripled as necessary
*Green whipped cream
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 drops green food color
- ½ teaspoon powdered sugar
- Place all ingredients in a cold bowl and whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.