Most Popular Recipes of 2014
The year in review
2014 was the “Year of Gettin’ Stuff Done”! We accomplished a lot on the house: a new roof, new house paint, front yard and backyard sprucing up, new furniture, we made Wheelchair Accessible Ramps for the house, just a great year for getting stuff things!
As for the blog, I feel very good about what I’ve shared and what I started in 2014. It was the year I started having advertising on the blog. And, that makes me a little money, so thanks for clicking through and helping me out a bit. October was tailgating snacks month, and it was awesome! I shared lots of great recipes that have become staples in my house, and those favorites are reflected in my most popular list.
Thanks to everyone who visited my blog, who shared my recipes, and who made my recipes. I will continue to bring you the best tasty goodness in the coming year!
Most Popular Recipes
Here are my 9 most popular recipes & posts from 2014, as determined by pageviews.
9. Kentucky Derby Chocolate-Pecan Ice Cream: I love this Ice Cream! I made batch after batch of this during the summer. It’s super yummy! It’s a healthy treat, diary-free, Paleo-friendly, vegan, processed-sugar-free, and no cook!
8. Easy Enchilada Sauce: I think that a good sauce makes the meal. And, this one certainly proves that. This is easy to make, and I always keep some in the house now. Sometimes I’ll put leftovers in the freezer for future use as well. This Enchilada Sauce goes great on Breakfast burritos, Mexican Flatbread Pizzas, tacos, anything Mexican. (You’ll see that I use this sauce on #6 and #4 of this 2014 Year in Review list as well!)
7. Roasted Herb Oil. An easy and yummy little recipe that’s a great way to add lots of extra flavors to salads, soups, casseroles, and more.
6. Stacked Veggie & Smoky Black Bean Enchilada: This was a great use of leftovers, and this dish shows that tasty food can be really healthy too.
5. Homemade Sriracha. It’s so easy to make your own. I love the idea of making my own sauces and condiments!
4. Baked Mexican Stuffed Potato Skins. Yummy little bite sized nibbles that are awesome for eating while watching football. These are easy, but take a little time to make, and are SOOOO worth the time!
3. Carne Asada Marinade. We make this marinade all the time around our house. And now we always make a double batch, half for Carne Asada and half for Tofu Asada. We’ve used it on Swordfish for Pescado Asada as well. It’s so good!
2. Awesome Sauce! Really, it is just awesome! Vegan, Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, but most importantly, super yummy: Spicy. Creamy. Complex. Smoky. And versatile. Make a sandwich or a Awesome Wrap with it. Serve it with veggies or crackers as a dip or spread. Just eat it with a spoon!
And, my most popular recipe of 2014 was…
1. Pizza Tarts from Tailgating Snacks Month. These are not only super yummy, but easy to make! Besides being great for tailgating, they’re good for any party, like New Year’s Eve or Superbowl parties. With 2 versions: Classic or Traditional with pizza sauce, and Pizza Blanco (white pizza) with sour cream.
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes FREE to your inbox!
I can see why these were your most popular recipes. Happy New Year!
A few of my faves are in here as well! I love that ice cream and the homemade Srirancha!
What a lovely collection, Debi! It’s hard to choose a favourite but I do love your Pizza Tarts and that lovely Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pecan Ice Cream! Happy New Year 🙂
They all look very delicious and I am an ice cream monster so your ice cream caught my eye first!! Once it gets warmer I will make it. So I bookmarked it 🙂
You did a great job with all your recipes in 2014 so I am looking forward to seeing many more fantabulous creations from your kitchen in 2015. Happiness, health and much success for you Debi!
Some great recipes here. Fun to look back over all you created this year.
Ok, that ice cream, OMG, now I am going to be dreaming about it until I get my hands on some, really love your pizza tarts Heavenly! Happy New Year!! Nettie
Oh these all look absolutely delicious!! Cannot wait to try them!!! Happy New Year!!!
What an incredible year you have had Debi! I have enjoyed reading all your posts and can’t wait to see what you come up in 2015!