This Grilled Steak with Herb Butter and Spice Rub is the perfect summer grilling experience. Delicious and really easy to grill! And, be sure to enter to win our fabulous prize package and $100!
Today’s #SummerGrilling recipe has been sponsored by Hamilton Beach, BBQGuys, and The Spice House, however, all opinions are my own. #ad #HamiltonBeach #TheSpiceHouse #imabbqguy
All this tastiness is made super easy by using the Hamilton Beach® Indoor Searing Grill, the iGrill mini grilling thermometer, the Spice House’s Lake Shore Drive Seasoning and their Back of the Yards Garlic Pepper Butcher’s Rub.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try it, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
With the Hamilton Beach® Indoor Searing Grill, you can enjoy outdoor grilled flavor anytime you want, regardless of the weather. There are two secrets to its excellent grilling capability. The Searing Grill’s high-heat searing temperature locks in juices and flavor, giving your meat better taste, texture and appearance. What’s more, its unique hooded design helps keep in flavor to give your food that authentic outdoor grilled taste.
Cooking with the Searing Grill is easy. Simply plug it in and turn the temperature dial all the way up to sear. When it reaches the high searing temperature of 450 degrees, the green preheat light will glow. Now you’re ready to sear steaks, burgers, pork chops or fish fillets to perfection. If you want to grill food that doesn’t need to sear first, the Searing Grill has an adjustable temperature dial to let you grill at lower heat.
The iGrill mini grilling thermometer is a pocket-sized smart thermometer that takes the guesswork out of grilling, so knowing exactly when to take your meat off the grill has never been easier.
This iGrill mini grilling thermometer is a lot of fun to play with and learn about! We had a ball learning all the different things it can do, and seeing the different read outs it gives you.
Before your first use, launch the Weber Grill app on your smart device, and follow the pairing instructions within the app.
Read the full user guide especially the safety information before using the iGrill mini grilling thermometer for the first time, and follow the instructions while using the device.
Steak doneness temperatures
One thing you’ll have to decide is how well done do you like your steak. The iGrill mini allows you to set the alarm for doneness. Keep in mind that steaks will continue to rise in temperature as they rest.
The following temperatures are good guidelines:
If you like your steak rare, remove it from the grill at 130 ° to 135 ° F so that it will come to up to 140 ° F.
For a medium rare steak, remove it from the grill at 140 ° F so that it reaches 145 ° F.
Medium steak should be removed at 150 ° F for a final temperature of about 160 ° F.
And, well done steak should be removed at 160 ° F for doneness of about 170 ° F.
The Spice House
The Spice House’s Best Seller’s Collection contains our four best-selling Spice House blends of all time. It took 60 years of tinkering to create these four masterpiece spice blends. Each blend in our Best Sellers Box adds a burst of flavor that’s perfect for grilling any protein or veggie.
Both the Lake Shore Drive Seasoning and the Back of the Yards Rub are in the Best Seller’s Collection.
Lake Shore Drive Seasoning is a delicious blend of salt, shallots, garlic, onion, chives, ground green peppercorns, and scallions.
Back of the Yards Garlic Pepper Butcher’s Rub is a savory blend of tellicherry pepper, garlic, salt, sugar, shallots, bell peppers, and parsley.
This week, we’re sharing the best grill recipes and celebrating the start of summer with an amazing giveaway, sponsored by BBQGuys, Farmer’s Pantry, Hamilton Beach, Joy Jolt, The Spice House, and Torani.
Find Us on Pinterest
Be sure to follow the #SummerGrilling Pinterest board for tons more recipe ideas
Enter the #SummerGrilling Giveaway!
Best Grill Recipes Creators
Our recipe creators for #SummerGrilling have amazing websites!
You’ll want to visit them all throughout the week so see their fabulous grilling creations:
Juggling Act Mama, Cheese Curd in Paradise, Life Currents, Bowl Me Over, Everyday Eileen, Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks, Bloghetti, Doodlecraft, Who Needs a Cape, The Mandatory Mooch, For the Love of Food, Frugal & Fit, The Foodie Affair, House of Nash Eats, A Day in Candiland, Karen’s Kitchen Stories, Live Love Texas, Lazy Budget Chef, Simple and Savory, and Our Good Life.
Our awesome bloggers are throwing in $100 cash prize for the giveaway, too!
Official Rules and Conditions for the #SummerGrilling Giveaway:
Official Rules and Conditions for the #SummerGrilling Giveaway: One grand prize winner will receive a prize package including:
- iGrill Mini Grilling Thermometer from BBQGuys
- Case of Cornbread Crisps from Farmer’s Pantry
- Indoor Searing Grill from Hamilton Beach
- Stella High Ball Glassware from Joy Jolt
- Best Seller Collection from The Spice House
- 1 Year Supply of Syrups from Torani
- $100 via PayPal
Open to US residents 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn.
Prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 5/18/2019.
Enter using the widget below. Comment each day for even more chances to win!
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Grilled Steak with Herb Butter and Spice Rub Recipe
Grilled Steak with Herb Butter and Spice Rub
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons The Spice House Lake Shore Drive Seasoning
- 2 beef steaks your choice cut and size
- The Spice House Back of the Yards Garlic Pepper Butcher’s Rub
- Mix the unsalted butter with the The Spice House Lake Shore Drive Seasoning. Place the herbed butter in a piece of waxed paper, and roll tightly. Place the herbed butter roll in the fridge while you work on the steaks.
- Remove the steaks from the fridge, about 20 minutes prior to grilling. Rub the steaks all over with The Spice House Back of the Yards Garlic Pepper Butcher’s Rub, and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes with the rub on them.
- Plug in the Hamilton Beach Indoor Searing Grill, and set it up according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Preheat the grill to sear. The Green light will glow when grill is ready.
- Insert the iGrill mini grilling thermometer meat probe into one of the steaks, and place the steak on the hot grill. Sear the first side, about 3-5 minutes. Flip the steaks and sear the second side 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the temperature on the grill down to 350 ° F, and cook to desired doneness, allowing the iGill mini to guide you.
- Once the steaks reach desired doneness, remove them from the grill, and cover them with foil. Allow to rest, covered, for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve the steaks with a pat of herbed butter. Sprinkle additional Lake Shore Drive Seasoning over steaks if desired.