Almond Biscotti is a great Italian cookie that’s perfect for dunking into your coffee. Whether you eat these for breakfast or a snack, you’ll love this easy to make recipe!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Now that the weather is getting cooler I can start baking again!
And, it was the husband who thought about these biscotti.
I’ve made this recipe for years, and it’s definitely my go-to for biscotti. I’ve tried lots of different recipes, some good, some not.
But, this one is always crunchy without being dry. It’s lightly sweet, only ½ cup of sugar for the whole batch (though there is some sugar in the almond paste as well).
It originally came from the Odense Almond Paste company, and I haven’t really changed much in all the years I’ve made it.
You can make the biscotti fancy by dipping in dark chocolate or white chocolate.
Or, you can add chocolate chips to the batch to make chocolate almond biscotti.
For this batch, I made half plain, and half with chocolate chips.
Once the dough was mixed and cut in half, I rolled one of the logs into 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. A little mixing, and there you have half with chocolate, and half without.
I’ve included step by step photos for you after the recipe.
You’ll find Almond Paste here on Amazon with my affiliate link.
Serve these with afternoon coffee, and you have a great snack! Or, make these as gifts for Christmas; people will love them!
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Almond Biscotti with or without Chocolate Chips Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the Almond Paste and the butter into a medium bowl. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, and mix together with fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Add almonds and chocolate chips, if desired.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites and vanilla until frothy. Add to almond mixture. Mix until dough holds together. Turn out onto a lightly floured counter.
- Roll dough into a 2-inch thick log. Cut in half and roll each piece 10 inches long. Transfer rolls to cookie sheet. Flatten to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden. Cool cookie sheet on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 3/4″ diagonal slices. Return to cookie sheet, cut side down. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. Flip and bake 10-12 minutes more. Cool on wire rack, and store in air-tight container for up to 3 weeks.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.