It’s time to reflect on the Best Recipes of 2022 and your favorite recipes with the Most Popular Recipes: the year in review!
First, I want to thank all of you for being here, for being kind, and for helping through the year. I love cooking for you! Also, I want you to know how much your kind comments and thought mean to me. I love it when you love a recipe and maybe it even becomes part of your traditions!
I’ll start the review of the year with some of my favorite recipes that didn’t make the top 10. I mean, they are all like my children and I love them all. I work really hard to bring you great recipes year-round! But these are the ones that I make and am super impressed by!
Then we’ll dive into the top 10 recipes, as voted for by you guys, my readers, with your visits to my blog.
Thanks to everyone for being here with me. I’ve said it before, if I didn’t have people to cook for, I’d probably eat Spaghetti-Os every day. I love coming up with new recipes and with reworking and updating old recipes.
I mostly updated old recipes this year, and I rediscovered some great ones!
As for the blog, it was a great year! With some of the best months ever! Thanksgiving was tremendous. I’m hoping the Super Bowl 2023 will be amazing!
Favorites that you may have missed
Not every recipe can make the top 10, even though I think they all deserve to! So, here are some of my favorite recipes that you may have missed.
I’ve broken them down into categories: favorites, peppermint, dinners, and Halloween!
Make sure to keep scrolling to see all the top 10 recipes at the bottom of the post.
These are recipes we make all the time around my house!
Cold Curing Apple Cider is one of those drinks that’s way more than the sum of their parts! It’s delicious and not too sweet. It’s a great mulled cider to keep you warm during these cold winter months! I’ve made several batches of this already, even though it only came out a month or so ago! Pin it
My husband makes us Stove Top Popcorn all the time. This is his tried-and-true method and recipe. It turns out great every time, and I love that it’s a healthy snack! Pin it
Speaking of healthy snacks, these Fruit and Nut Wheels recipe is one you just have to try! It’s super easy to make & so delicious. Eat it on its own, or as part of a cheese plate or Charcuterie board. Pin it
Coffee Toffee Ice Cream is a recipe I’ve made for years. In fact, it might be the first ice cream I ever made. No churn. No cook. Easy to mix together. And so luscious and creamy! Pin it
Just like last year, my love for all things peppermint has grown! I just love the flavor, enjoy it year-round, and hope you do too, because these treats are so good. They can help cool you down on a hot summer day, so go for it!
I made this recipe for Peppermint Caramels to mimic a box of caramels I bought. I’d say that my homemade version was even better than the store-bought ones. Soft, buttery, chewy, just so delicious. And the light caramel flavor is perfect! If you prefer, you could make them without the peppermint too. Pin it
These Buttermint Candies might just be my favorite new dessert thing of the year. They are so good. Easy to make. No bake. Just like the ones you get at weddings. Dip them in dark chocolate and wow, you have a great treat. Good frozen or from the fridge as well as room temperature. Pin it
And these Peppermint S’mores made with homemade peppermint marshmallows, chocolate graham crackers, and melty dark chocolate are somethings special! My husband made these for me for my birthday, and they’re a treat that I want to share with everyone! Pin it
Great for dinner
I tried to focus a lot on good for you dinners that were easy and delicious. Family pleasing meals that you can go to over and over. I also always try to add in suggestions on my posts about how you might be able to switch up a recipe, adding some different ingredients to make it a little different each time.
All of the dinner recipes I’ve included here are ones that I make over and over again. And, they are all heavily requested by my family so you know they’re delicious!
Red Pepper & Fresh Mozzarella Lasagna makes a nice big pan of lasagna that we can have leftovers for days. It’s a healthier lasagna than most and doesn’t sacrifice any flavor. It’s silky smooth and luscious. And, best of all, it’s easy to make using store-bought ingredients that you layer to make a delicious dinner. This is one I like to make for people to bring to their house if they are sick or just had a baby. Make it in a disposable pan and you don’t even need to do dishes. It also freezes well for a meal at a later date! Pin it
The air fryer is really the only way that I cook fish any more. It comes out perfectly cooked every time, and it’s so easy. Clean-up is even easy and it doesn’t make the house smell fishy! You just have to try this Air Fryer Salmon. Pin it
Delicious traditional classic carne asada is easy to make if you start with a great carne asada marinade This one’s not only delicious on steak, but it’s even delicious on mushrooms, fish, tofu, cauliflower, and more! This is a must make for any Mexican food fan! Pin it
Looking for great comfort food? This Sausage and Potato Pot Pie recipe is it! Sometimes I don’t even bother to make it into pot pies, but just serve it as soup. It’s so good that way too! Pin it
Thai Coconut Noodles is a bowl of amazing deliciousness! You can make this healthy dish for dinner in about 30 minutes. It’s vegan, or you can add fish or chicken to the bowl. Either way, it’s a must make! Pin it
I was on a really fun Halloween kick this year! Here are some of the highlights.
My Jello Brain is something I’ve been making for years. It’s fun and creepy! Want a show stopper for Halloween? Grab a mold and make this bad boy! Pin it
These witches’ brooms are actually really easy to make and super tasty! Besides being great for Halloween, they would be fun at a Harry Potter party. Pin it
Peanut Butter Pumpkins are a fun project and a delicious treat to make with your kids. Besides being great for Halloween, they’re perfect for Thanksgiving. Pin it
Top 10 recipes
The 10 Most Popular Recipes of 2022: the year in review, as determined by your page views.
And again, many of these recipes have been on my blog for years, but, if they made it on the list, they were updated and republished this year.
Be sure to check out Pinterest, as many people add their reviews and “tried it” there. I love finding out what you guys like and how you change the recipes!
Of course, I’d love it if you’d come back here and leave a comment on recipes you’ve tried as well.
Which one is on your “must make” list?
here we go!
10) The air fryer and salmon are a natural match, so I wanted to try adding a cedar plank to the mix. This Air Fryer Cedar Plank Salmon came out so good. Moist and delicious with a lovely smoky flavor. A perfect dinner. Serve it with the green beans from #9! Pin it
9) Oven roasting is great for so many vegetables. And green beans rock when they’re roasted in the oven. These Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms are crispy outside but still tender. So flavorful. And the addition of red onion and mushrooms makes these feel like a healthy green bean casserole. Pin it
8) This is the Vegetarian Stuffing I make every holiday. It’s so good. No one will even realize there’s no meat in it. This recipe is near and dear to me, as it was one of the most import ones that I needed to create when I became vegetarian, so I worked on it for years. Perfecting it! Pin it
7) Lemon Puff Pastry Sticks are easy to make and a delicious addition to any breakfast or special brunch. They will be perfect at Mother’s Day or Easter. They’re also welcome on the Christmas brunch table. It’s easy to see why this recipe made the top 10! Pin it
6) This is my favorite Pumpkin pie recipe. A great balance of flavors. Custard-y and silky smooth. Just delicious. It’s one I take the time to make every year & it’s worth it! Pin it and Pin it
5) Galaxy lemonades are a fun and delicious drink that young and old will love! Fun color changing stars become a great summer refresher or a cocktail for grown-ups. Pin it
4) Roasted veggies are my favorites, and these Air Fryer Snap Peas are no exception. The air fryer makes them easy to cook up, and the peas get crunchy and toasty. The perfect side dish for so many meals! Pin it
3) This is the Vegetarian gravy I make for the holidays – Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. It’s so special. Rich and thick, and beautifully colored. Even my meat-eating guests love it! Pin it
2) My homemade version of Rice-a-roni always makes me happy. And it has so many fans! I felt like it needed to be updated and bring it back around. I love that these are all whole food ingredients with no weird unpronounceable things. A must make! Pin it
Drum roll, please!
1) This Caramelized Onion and Roasted Garlic Soup is amazing! Silky smooth and full of flavor. It tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant, but you can make it at home in the comfort of your own kitchen. This has been a really popular recipe on my blog for years, and I wanted to update it this year. I’m so glad I did! It’s just one of my favorites! Pin it or Pin it
Interested in checking out last year’s 2021 most popular recipes? Hop on over and give them a look!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes FREE to your inbox!