It’s a dessert that my whole family loves, and it’s easy to make. Easy as pie! This Coconut Custard Pie is from my Christmas Brunch Menu 2015.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try it, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
I grew up loving Coconut Custard Pie. And, I’ll tell you a funny, if not slightly embarrassing story, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. Promise? Ok…
When I was in high school my mom and I would go to the local pie shop/restaurant and order a Coconut Custard Pie to go, plus two forks. Then, we would take the pie and sit in the car and start eating it. We never actually finished the pie, it always went back in the box and we look the evidence, er, I mean leftovers, back home. But it was fun. And, it’s a nice memory I have of doing something silly with my mom.
She still loves coconut, so I make her coconut desserts fairly often. This pie was actually a request for Christmas Brunch from my husband. I dare say that Coconut Custard is one of his favorite desserts. Perhaps that and Pumpkin Pie.
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
Coconut Custard Pie
- 1 ¼ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain salt
- 1 homemade or store-bought Pie Crust ready in a deep dish pie pan, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Sprinkle the coconut into the uncooked crust, and set aside.
- Pour the milk in a small saucepan, and over a medium heat, bring to a simmer.
- While the milk is heating, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and salt together in a large bowl, and gradually add the hot milk to the egg mixture, stirring constantly. Pour the custard into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake, about 25-35 minutes, or until the center of the custard is set, but still jiggles a bit, like gelatin. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack, then refrigerate.