Creamy custard filled with delicious coconut. This Coconut Custard Pie is not only a coconut lovers dream, but it’s super easy to make. And, it’s a family favorite around my house.
It’s a dessert that my whole family loves, and it’s easy to make. Easy as pie! This Coconut Custard Pie is from my Christmas Brunch Menu 2015.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
I grew up loving Coconut Custard Pie. And, I’ll tell you a funny, if not slightly embarrassing story, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. Promise? Ok…
When I was in high school my mom and I would go to the local pie shop/restaurant and order a Pie to go, plus two forks.
Then, we would take the pie and sit in the car and start eating it. We never actually finished the pie, it always went back in the box and we look the evidence, er, I mean leftovers, back home. But it was fun.
It’s a nice memory I have of doing something silly with my mom.
A pie for mom and the husband
She still loves coconut, so I make her coconut desserts fairly often.
This pie was actually a request for Christmas Brunch from my husband. I dare say that it’s one of his favorite desserts.
Perhaps that and Pumpkin Pie.
Looking for more custard desserts?
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Coconut Pie Recipe
Coconut Custard Pie
- 1 ¼ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain salt
- 1 homemade or store-bought Pie Crust ready in a deep dish pie pan, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Sprinkle the coconut into the uncooked crust, and set aside.
- Pour the milk in a small saucepan, and over a medium heat, bring to a simmer.
- While the milk is heating, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and salt together in a large bowl, and gradually add the hot milk to the egg mixture, stirring constantly. Pour the custard into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake, about 25-35 minutes, or until the center of the custard is set, but still jiggles a bit, like gelatin. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack, then refrigerate.