Eggnog Oatmeal Cookies – chewy centers with crispy edges in a perfect festive cookie with eggnog flavor inside the cookie as well as in the icing!
These are a great festive treat that the whole family will love, and Santa may even leave you extra presents under the tree!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Favorite oatmeal cookies
This cookie recipe is based on my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe. It’s the one my mom always made when I was a kid.
In fact, it’s still one of my favorite cookies!
Make it festive
So I decided to make it festive and give it an eggnog twist!
You can see the plain eggnog cookies in the picture below.
Or, make them even fancier by adding the eggnog drizzle on top.
Looking for more festive cookies?
Here are some of my favorite festive cookies and candies! Peppermint Brownie Cookies, Polar Bear Paw Print Cookies, Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Trees, Peppermint Mocha Candy Cookies, and Treasure Cookies.
Kitchen items you may need
Note: these are affiliate links
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Eggnog Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Eggnog Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, beat with a hand mixer or sturdy fork, the brown sugar, shortening and granulated sugar together until creamy. Add egg, water and vanilla; beat well.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, and baking soda, and mix well. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or Silpats.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled completely, make the icing. Place powdered sugar, 1 & ½ tablespoons eggnog and ¼ teaspoon eggnog extract in a medium bowl and mix well until all lumps have disappeared. Spoon or drizzle icing over the top of the cooled cookies.
- Store tightly covered.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.