Peppermint Brownie Sandwich Cookies are soft delicious chocolate brownie cookies with delicious sweet marshmallow crème inside, all wrapped in crushed candy canes (or peppermint candies).
These are so good! Festive. Delicious. And so much fun, not only to make, but to eat!
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try them, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Well, I loved those cookies so much that I tried them with peppermint (my favorite flavor!).
Other peppermint goodies you’ll love!
- Peppermint Mocha Candy Cookies
- Peppermint Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate and Peppermint Covered Pretzel Crisps
- Mint ‘n’ Chip Cupcakes
- Classic Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
They were amazing! So, I thought I’d share them with you. You know, if you agree that peppermint is amazing! Peppermint Brownie Sandwich Cookies!
How do I crush the candies?
To crush the candies, place them, or the candy canes, in a plastic zip top bag. Seal the bag. Place the bag with the candies on a wooden cutting board. And, with the bottom of a sturdy metal measuring cup, the bottom part of the handle of a metal ice cream scoop, or a flat meat pounder, smash the heck out of the candies in the bag.
And, it’s way cheaper than therapy to smash those little candies!
Make these for the cookie exchange and you’ll surely win top prize. Make these for Santa, and he’ll surely leave extra presents for you. Make them for the holiday potluck or the neighborhood Christmas party.
Looking for other great festive cookies?
Click on the photo to get to the recipe
If you like seeing my recipes, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Peppermint Brownie Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Peppermint Brownie Sandwich Cookies
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder, set aside. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix the egg, sugar, and vanilla together in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. Add the sour cream, ½ cup at a time, until well combined.
- Once the wet ingredients are well combined, add half of the dry ingredients. Continue adding the dry ingredients by spoonfuls until all of the dry ingredients are combined, stopping a couple of times to scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop the cookie dough by scoops onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake, 12-14 minutes, or until the cookies are baked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Once cookies are completely cool, slather the bottom (the flat side) of one cookie with marshmallow fluff. Dip the marshmallow fluff into the crushed peppermint candies, and top it with a second cookie.
This recipe makes six large moonpies using a large ice cream scoop. If you're making smaller cookies, about 15 moonpies, you’ll want to reduce the baking time to 8-10 minutes. Mine used a cookie dough scoop that’s about 2 tablespoons, and I made about 9 moonpies (or 18 cookies), and they took 12 minutes to bake.