This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Knorr®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I have a delicious and quick 30-minute meal recipe for Creamy Verde Fiesta Enchiladas for you today. Caldo Knorr® Selects con sabor de Vegetales helps bring these enchiladas to life. Everyone loves a quick, 30-minute meal, especially during the holiday season!
Grab the ingredients at Superior Grocers
I got all the ingredients for these enchiladas at my local Superior Grocers. From the sauces, to the freshly made tortillas, and the filling inside these yummy 30-minute enchiladas, it was all easy to find at Superior Grocers. And, I may have gotten a few Mexican pastries from their traditional pan dulce selections.
Fun foodie shopping trip
We had a fabulous time shopping in Superior Grocers. The produce section of our local store was amazing! Fresh and vibrant produce, with a selection and variety that I can’t find at just any store. They had beautiful bins of jalapeños, chayote, onions, mango, cilantro, avocados, and much more. They have unusual produce like fresh turmeric, taro root, pacaya, and huazontle.
Like I said, we had a great time wandering around and picking out new things to try. If you love foodie shopping trips, you have got to visit Superior Grocers.
Oh, and if you make tamales, they had everything you will need, from the masa (even different flavors of it) to the corn husks, to the fillings.
A delicious 30-minute meal with Knorr
With Caldo Knorr Selects con sabor de Vegetales, it’s easy to get a delicious 30-minute meal on the table for your family. Visit the Knorr® recipe page here on their website for more recipe inspiration.
Make sure to take advantage of the savings on Knorr Selects Bouillon at Superior Grocers from 12/5/18 – 12/11/18, and purchase for your own ingredients for 30-minute meals.
If you haven’t tried Knorr Selects Bouillon yet, you’ll love it. It’s made with natural stock and has no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives, and contains no added MSG. When compared to traditional bouillon, Knorr Selects Bouillon has 30% fewer ingredients and a cleaner label, 20% less sodium, and more premium ingredients.
So, I decided to make some delicious Creamy Verde Enchiladas to feature and highlight both the wonderful flavors of Knorr Selects Bouillon, and the fresh tortillas from Superior Grocers.
These come together very quickly, and are so yummy.
Grab a few items from Superior Grocers: Knorr Selects Bouillon, a jar of Alfredo sauce, some great salsa verde, some cheese, some tortillas, cilantro, and a bag of frozen Mexican or fiesta blend veggies, and you’re all set for a delicious dinner.
I found two different bags of Mexican blend frozen veggies at Superior Grocers. The one I picked up for these enchiladas was chock full of 16 ounces of different veggies with beans, corn, carrots, broccoli, and red peppers. The other blend I saw had some beans, cauliflower, and corn in it. Whichever blend makes you happy, that’s the one you want to use. These are just veggies. There is no sauce in the bag.
Oh, and there’s no need to defrost the veggies, just use them frozen. They will cook as the oven heats them up.
I love the house made salsa verde from Superior Grocers. It’s delicious and spicy hot! If you prefer to go with a milder salsa, grab one from the bottled salsas on the shelf, just make sure it’s labeled mild.
Or, you can try making your own salsa with my recipe for Roasted Tomatillo Salsa.
Want to make it even faster?
I love corn tortillas! When I use corn tortillas for enchiladas, I always soften them by cooking them in a skillet first. This adds a little time to making the dish. If you’re in a super big hurry, I’d suggest using flour tortillas and not frying them. Flour tortillas are more pliable, and therefore you can roll them without frying or cooking them first.
Creamy Verde Fiesta Enchiladas Recipe
Creamy Verde Fiesta Enchiladas
- 15 ounce jar Alfredo sauce
- ¾ cup salsa verde
- 16 ounce bag frozen Mexican blend or fiesta blend vegetables
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese divided
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro plus additional for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon Caldo Knorr Selects con sabor de Vegetales vegetable bouillon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 corn tortillas about 5 ½ -inches in size
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine Alfredo sauce and salsa verde. Spread ½ of the Alfredo mixture in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; set both the remaining sauce and the prepared pan aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine frozen veggies, 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, chopped cilantro, and Knorr Vegetable Bouillon; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil, and cook 3 tortillas, turning once, about 15 seconds per side or until softened. Remove to paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining oil and tortillas.
- Evenly divide veggies and cheese mixture into tortillas, and roll up. Arrange enchiladas with the seam side down in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining sauce mixture and remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and lightly golden.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and sliced avocado as desired.