Garlic Parmesan Pasta
This Garlic Parmesan Pasta is so good. It’s creamy and delicious. And easy to make, comes together in just a few minutes. Full flavored and garlicky. Complex, but not too much garlic – a great balance of flavors! Perfect comfort food.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try it, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Garlic Parmesan Pasta is a great simple side dish.
Or, feel free to toss in some steamed broccoli, green peas, shredded chicken, even hot dog slices, to make a more substantial meal. Mmm, I love it with some veggie sausage links as well.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, it’s that people love garlic and cheese! Oh, and pasta. I mean, seriously, do you know anyone who doesn’t like these things?
Garlic Parmesan Pasta Notes:
½ lb of orzo is half of the box of orzo. I just eyeball the half of the box when I pour it in. A little more orzo or a little less isn’t going to make a huge difference either way.
If you want to simply pour the whole box in and not have to worry about splitting the box you could, just make sure to use a big pot and double the rest of the recipe.
The recipe box has an easy slider you can use to increase the amount of the orzo to 1 lb. You’ll find that slider on the servings area.
I like to use garlic powder in my recipes because it doesn’t seem to give my husband heartburn issues.
Also, I like the combination of both fresh and powdered garlic for a little bit more of a complex flavor.
I love orzo pasta! Here are some of my other great orzo recipes
(click on the photo to get to the recipe):
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Garlic Parmesan Pasta Recipe:
Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ lb orzo pasta
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup half & half
- thyme leaves or chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a large pot. Add the garlic and garlic powder and stir, for 1-2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant. Add the butter to the garlic, and stir until melted. Add salt, pepper, and vegetable broth. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once it’s at a rolling boil, add the orzo, and cook according to the package directions, about 9-10 minutes. Most of the liquid will be absorbed at this point. Turn the heat off, and stir in the Parmesan until completely melted. Mix in the half & half. Cover, and allow Garlic Parmesan Pasta to sit for 5 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh herbs and more fresh pepper if desired.