Garlic Parmesan Pasta
This Garlic Parmesan Pasta is so good. It’s creamy and delicious. And easy to make, comes together in just a few minutes. Full flavored and garlicky. Complex, but not too much garlic – a great balance of flavors! Perfect comfort food.
Garlic Parmesan Pasta is a great simple side dish. Or, feel free to toss in some steamed broccoli, green peas, shredded chicken, even hot dog slices, to make a more substantial meal. Mmm, I love it with some veggie sausage links as well.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, it’s that people love garlic and cheese! Oh, and pasta. I mean, seriously, do you know anyone who doesn’t like these things?
Garlic Parmesan Pasta Notes:
½ lb of orzo is half of the box of orzo. I just eyeball the half of the box when I pour it in. A little more orzo or a little less isn’t going to make a huge difference either way. If you want to simply pour the whole box in and not have to worry about splitting the box you could, just make sure to use a big pot and double the rest of the recipe. The recipe box has an easy slider you can use to increase the amount of the orzo to 1 lb. You’ll find that slider on the servings area.
I like to use garlic powder in my recipes because it doesn’t seem to give my husband heartburn issues. Also, I like the combination of both fresh and powdered garlic for a little bit more of a complex flavor.
I love orzo pasta! Here are some of my other great orzo recipes
(click on the photo to get to the recipe):
Garlic Parmesan Pasta Recipe:
Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ lb orzo pasta
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup half & half
- thyme leaves or chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a large pot. Add the garlic and garlic powder and stir, for 1-2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant. Add the butter to the garlic, and stir until melted. Add salt, pepper, and vegetable broth. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once it’s at a rolling boil, add the orzo, and cook according to the package directions, about 9-10 minutes. Most of the liquid will be absorbed at this point. Turn the heat off, and stir in the Parmesan until completely melted. Mix in the half & half. Cover, and allow Garlic Parmesan Pasta to sit for 5 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh herbs and more fresh pepper if desired.