As I write this it’s day 9 on the healthy eating cleanse. Here are some photos and observations.
Want to see all the menus?
Healthy Menus, introduction
Healthful, Mindful, 2012 … Part 1
Healthy Mindful Menu Days 4-7
Clean Eating Project Part 3 (Menus for Days 8-14)
Healthy Eating Project Menus days 15 – 21
Healthy Eating Project Menu Days 22 – 31
- I’m not getting headaches anymore. I also notice when I’m hungry. I don’t just eat because the clock on the wall tells me to do so. I’m hungry. It’s really nice to feel this again.
- I’m not walking around all day tired, yet when we go to bed I fall asleep quickly and I stay asleep pretty much all night. I wake up before the alarm clock and think about all the things I’m going to accomplish that day.
- I’m a lightweight when I drink. I have to be really careful, because even a few sips of wine can make me a bit buzzy. Hey, I kinda like being a lightweight. It certainly is cheaper.
- My pants are getting longer. Well, not exactly. I’ve encountered this before. When you lose weight, the clothes aren’t as tight, and therefore skirts and pants seem to get longer.
- I have lots of energy. Energy to do things I haven’t wanted to do in awhile.
- I’m cold a lot more often. I need extra layers to keep warm. I used to be warm most of the time. I’m not sure what this means.
- Some other things I’ve learned: The husband doesn’t like quinoa (I think that’s just weird!). And, too many healthy days aren’t good for the husband, so I’m glad that I’m scheduling in the cheat days.
- I actually forgot to have a cup of coffee the other day! And, I went until 10 am before I noticed. What’s up with that? And yet, the only thing I’m craving is another cup of coffee. I want so badly to stop at the Starbucks at my grocery store when I walk past it. URG!
- We often aren’t eating the snacks because we’re too full.
The snack for day 6 (vanilla-date smoothie) was delish! I finished it before I took a photo. But, I would make and drink one of those anytime!
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
So, there are some of the updates on the meals. Some are really tasty. Some just taste healthy. Everything is pretty filling. But, they’re all good for you!