Vegan Miso Ramen Soup — Miso soup has always been one of my favorite things when we go to Japanese restaurants. And, this Miso Ramen makes it a whole meal in a nice hot bowl of soup.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try them, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes. Or, if you make this recipe, tag @lifecurrents on Instagram. Or you can upload a photo (I would love to see) via the pin.
I got to have some miso soup on Day 11 of the healthy clean eating cleanse, so I was reminded of how tasty it is!
Sometimes we add ½ cup frozen peas. Sometimes we add a beautiful poached egg or two on top.
You could also add carrots, broccoli, bamboo shoots, baby corn, or water chestnuts as your heart desires.
What to do with the flavor packet
To get the dried ramen noodles, I buy those really cheap packages of ramen that you can make on the stove, and they’re about 30 cents each.
I take the flavor packet out and throw it away (or in the compost).
It’s really high in sodium, and has very little redeeming value, so I don’t feel too bad doing this. Replacing the flavor packet with miso is a much healthier choice.
Miso is high in vitamin B12, low in calories, a decent source of protein (2 grams of protein for just 25 calories). And, it’s so much tastier than those packets.
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Vegan Miso Ramen Recipe
Vegan Miso Ramen Soup
- ½ sheet dried sushi nori roasted seaweed, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 sheet dried ramen noodles uncooked
- ½ cup cubed tofu
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Place the chopped seaweed in a small bowl and cover with ½ cup tap water. Set aside.
- Pour the broth or water into a pot and bring to a boil. Add the ramen noodles, and cook for 3 minutes, breaking noodles apart as the cook.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add the soaked seaweed, the soaking liquid, and the tofu. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the miso paste into a bowl, and carefully add ½ cup of the hot broth. Whisk the miso paste into the broth so that there are no clumps left, and it’s a smooth mixture.
- Carefully pour the ramen, tofu, and remaining broth into the bowl with the miso mixture. Top with chopped green onion, & enjoy!