This post for Vegetable Rice Casserole has been sponsored by Vons. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This easy-to-make Vegetable Rice Casserole is perfect for busy nights. It’s a delicious family-pleasing casserole that even picky eaters will love. And it’s easy on the cook, making it a perfect weeknight meal.
I purchased the products to make this casserole, including the main ingredient—Progresso Traditional Beef & Vegetable Soup, at my local Vons. You can also stock up and save at any of the Albertsons Companies family of stores including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Carrs/Safeway.
If you download the Vons app, you can easily find a store near you.
I know, you’re asking yourself if you need another app on your phone. The Vons app and the Vons pharmacy app are both ones that I use all the time.
I use the Vons app when I’m in the store to see what’s on the weekly ad, what’s on my list, what’s on their Just for U offers, and now you can redeem Rewards for free items. I always log on when I’m in the store to check and make sure that I’m not missing out on any special money saving offers!
You guys know that I love my Vons.
I talk about my grocery store all the time
The employees are always friendly and nice. They help me find the items I’m looking for, and I often have something I’m looking for that I can’t find. They ask me about how I’m doing, and they genuinely care. They remember little things about me, like my favorite football team or that I’m remodeling my bathroom, and they ask me about those things. Many of them even call me by name. That always impresses me.
And right now, Vons & the Albertsons Companies family of stores are having a Stock Up Sale so the things I bought were at a great price. The products mentioned in this post are on sale at the Albertsons Companies family of stores from 10/10/18 to 10/16/18. Products on sale at United retailers may differ.
Stock Up Sale
I wanted to share with you some of the yummy things I got at the Stock Up Sale.
- Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies (13 oz)
- Red Baron Frozen Pizza, Classic Pepperoni (20.6 oz)
- Quaker Oats, Old Fashion (18 oz)
- Edwards Hershey’s Frozen Pie Singles (2 count)
- Progresso Traditional Beef & Vegetable Soup (18.5 oz)
I used the Progresso Traditional Beef & Vegetable Soup to make this easy casserole. Plus, I tossed in a few other convenience foods I found at Vons – frozen veggies, rice pilaf mix, dried herbs, and Parmesan cheese to top it all off. The sale prices on the Progresso soup alone make this a great budget-friendly main dish.
This casserole is a great make-ahead dish as well. This is the kind of casserole I love to take to someone’s house when they have new baby, need a get-well meal, or as a house-warming casserole. When I’m making it to take to someone, I buy those disposable aluminum casserole dishes and make it in there so there’s no clean up and they don’t have to return a casserole dish to me.
This Vegetable Rice Casserole is also good for the holidays & family gatherings. It makes a nice big casserole that you can share.
For the rice pilaf mix, get any flavor you like. I used a wild mushroom and herb flavored mix for mine. Try mixing it up with a wild rice mix or a simple olive oil flavored mix. I love the fact that there’s a great base of flavors to start this casserole.
Simply follow the package directions on the rice mix. I like making mine in the microwave so I can chop and mix the rest of the ingredients while the rice cooks away (hands-free) in the microwave.
Cook the onions on the stove until they’re tender. Mix in other ingredients, and top with the cheese. Bake until bubbly and yummy. That’s it! Super easy and delicious.
And, like I said, budget friendly if you stock up at Vons’ Stock Up Sale this fall.
Oh, and I’ll be serving my casserole with those a couple of slices of Edwards Hersheys Frozen Pie Singles. They’re so good! And make for an easy and delicious dessert!
Visit the Vons website to find a store near you and discover some fun meal-prep tips and recipe ideas!
Don’t forget to visit your local Vons during the Stock Up Sale this fall! Let me know in the comments below what you found at the Stock Up Sale.
Vegetable Rice Casserole Recipe
Vegetable Rice Casserole
- 6 ounce package rice pilaf mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can (18.5 ounce) Progresso Traditional Beef & Vegetable Soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen green peas and diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup finely shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- chopped green onion for garnish
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet over medium, heat olive oil, and add onion once oil is hot. Cook onion until tender. Stir in soup, sour cream, peas and carrots, broccoli, rosemary, and garlic. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Place mixture in a large casserole dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top, and bake, covered, 20 minutes. Remove the cover, and continue cooking 10 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped green onions.
Makes 6 servings