Blackened Shrimp Pasta – Cajun shrimp over a creamy cheese sauce – it doesn’t have to be Mardi Gras to enjoy this easy to make pasta dish. It’s perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
And, this meal comes from the fun Freaky Friday Blog Hop! Make sure to read all about my wonderful friends participating in this event!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask. The comments can be easily found using the orange circle on the lower left, then Join the discussion!
Freaky Friday Blog Hop
I’m very excited to be participating in this spring 2019 edition of Freaky Friday with a wonderful recipe for Blackened Shrimp Pasta from Seduction in the Kitchen.
What’s Freaky Friday, you ask?
Well, it’s an old-fashioned blog hop.
In a nutshell Freaky Friday is … I’ve made and shared a recipe from Dee at Seduction in the Kitchen, and she’s made a recipe from someone (a secret that I don’t know who it is yet), and she’s made a recipe from someone, and if you clicked through all the way around all the bloggers who are participating, you would get back to my blog.
Thus, a blog hop!
So, if you would be so kind as to hop around and take a look at everyone participating, I promise it’ll be fun, and you’ll get lots of great new recipe ideas!
Take a look at all of our Spring 2019 Freaky Friday Recipes:
- A Grande Life – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- An Affair from the Heart – Margarita Dip with Salted Pretzels
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – BLT Pasta Salad
- Bowl Me Over – Macaroni Pasta Salad
- Hostess at Heart – Blueberry Buckle Recipe
- Kylee Cooks – No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
- Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Spicy Thai Basil Slaw
- Mildly Meandering – Mediterranean Scalloped Potatoes
- Seduction in the Kitchen – Grilled Peach Caprese Salad
- Take Two Tapas – Spicy Bacon Wrapped Air Fryer Shrimp
- The Foodie Affair – Coconut Pie with Creamy Custard Filling
- The Speckled Palate – Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- West Via Midwest – Air Fryer Cherry Pies
- Who Needs a Cape? – Slow Cooker Cheesy Taco Soup
Seduction in the Kitchen
Dee is a phlebotomist by day and a food blogger at night. She has many talents and interests.
She says, to let yourself be seduced by her recipes. And that everyone has an affair with food.
Dee also goes on to explain that her blog also helped her realize, she is one hell of a cook! Originally cooking was just a stress relief, now it is her true passion.
Dee and I are both football fans. I’ve even included one of her football recipes in my 32 recipes for each NFL football team round-up (you can see her choice of football teams there!) And, Go Hawks!
And, of course, one other thing we share is a love for food.
For this round of Freaky Friday, I knew right away what recipe I was going to make.
But, there are so many to choose from, like her Crock Pot Cream of Asparagus Soup and her Banana Pineapple Chocolate Chip Bread.
Hop on over and give her recipes a look and a try.
Note: this section contains affiliate links
The Blackened Shrimp Pasta Recipe calls for lemon olive oil, unfortunately, I didn’t have any lemon olive oil, so I used a plain olive oil, and I’d say the pasta was still delicious even without the lemon flavor.
If you’re in the same boat as me, feel free to use a plain oil.
You could add in a dash of lemon juice at the end of cooking to perk up the pasta flavors, and add that lemon back in. A little garnish of lemon zest would be pretty on this pasta as well.
Or, I did find some lemon olive oil on Amazon.
For the blackened seasoning, I used a homemade blend that we keep in the cupboard. You’ll find my homemade Cajun Spice Mix recipe here.
There are many different brands out there to choose from, and you local grocery store may carry some. I found a bunch on Amazon.
The blend I used is salt-free, and it was perfect for this dish. Be careful with some of the seasoning mixes, as they may be fairly salty.
I highly recommend going with a salt free mix, or at least a low salt mix for this dinner.
Great pasta dinner
Pasta is such a quick and delicious dinner. Be sure to check out my recipes for Red wine pasta, Garlic Sesame Noodles, Weeknight tuna pasta, and Thai Basil Pasta.
Kitchen tools you may need for this recipe
Note: this section contains affiliate links
Lemon olive oil
Medium non stick pot
Box grater for cheese
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Blackened Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Blackened Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Blackened Seasoning Cajun or Creole seasoning will also work
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- ½ pound shrimp peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions, until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a medium non stick sauce pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the Blackened Seasoning. Add the shrimp to the pan with the seasoning, stirring to make sure the shrimp are covered in the seasoning. Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes, until pink and cooked through. Using tongs, remove the shrimp from the pan, and set aside.
- Without wiping the pan out, add the green onions to the leftover oil and seasonings in the pan. Cook for a minute, until fragrant.
- Pour the cream into the skillet, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until just boiling. Lower the heat, and simmer for 8 minutes, or until the cream is thickened.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, and stir in cheese, blending well.
- Drain pasta, and put the cooked pasta back in the large pot, pour in the cream sauce, and toss the pasta in the sauce to coat.
- Plate the pasta and sauce, and place some shrimp on each serving. Garnish with additional chopped green onions and a sprinkle of Cajun seasoning if desired.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes FREE to your inbox!
This is such a great spring time recipe! Im including this on my grocery list to make this week…. Im especially excited to try your cajun seasoning mix on it! It sounds delicious!
This looks like a tasty quick meal. I definitely thinking having lemon olive oil on hand is a great idea, but in the meantime, a bit of fresh lemon juice will do the trick as you mention! Great recipe!
Everything about this pasta sounds so delish! I have to give this a try ASAP!
wow, I never have seen anything like this! Definitely going to try this weekend for my kiddos. If i dont use green onion, is it test well?
The shrimp look so amazing and they go so well with the pasta. This is an awesome dish.
This pasta sounds amazing! So many delicious flavors go into it!
I have made this!! Loved it so much and so did my whole family!!
The shrimp looks perfectly cooked and the pasta so creamy! What a wonderful dish our whole family will love, YUM!!
I love everything about this creamy pasta from the spicy blackened seasoning down to the Gruyere cheese! YUM!
I love how spicy this shrimp looks in the contrast of the delicious pasta!
I love shrimp recipes and think it is one of the best proteins because it’s so quick and easy to prepare. I love the spices with the creamy sauce here!
Oh yes please!! I cant resist a pasta dish- especially one that has so much incredible flavor going on. Those shrimp are perfection.
Oh myyyyy – this is a dreamy, creamy weeknight dinner my family loved! I love that it is super easy to make!
This pasta sounds like utter perfection! We love, love, love any and everything with that spicy blackened seasoning on it, so this won’t last long in our house. Hooray for shrimp and pasta!
Such an absolutely delicious meal! I’ll be making this over and over again.
I am so happy you made this recipe!! It is one of my favorites and you did an amazing job with it!!!
Could someone please post who has ACTAULLY cooked this?!
Nick, I think it’s funny when people leave a comment about the comments not being what they want them to be. And, yet, you have left a comment and not cooked this recipe – the very thing you are annoyed by. When I read through the comments I see some that are, indeed, comments from people who have made this recipe, and have indicated as such. I hope you enjoy this recipe, and come back and leave a comment about how yummy it is. Have a great day.
I’ve made this several times now. Albeit with my own blackening spice and it is a wonderful recipe, thank you
made this today and I thought it was grrreat. I just thought it needed a bit more shrimp but now I’ll know for next time.