I really enjoyed this warm Breakfast Quinoa with Blackberries as part of Day 11 of the healthy cleanse. I think it would be lovely with any berry: blueberry, strawberry, raspberry. I used frozen berries, and it worked beautifully (so use fresh or frozen, either way).
Other healthy breakfast recipes:
click on the picture to get to the recipe
Crab and Shallot Frittata
Gluten-Free Coconut Muffins
Blueberry Breakfast Pastry
Fragrant Jasmine Rice Cake
Yogurt and Cashew Breakfast Parfaits
Breakfast Quinoa with Blackberries Recipe
Breakfast Quinoa with Blackberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans toasted*
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- Place the quinoa in a fine mesh colander, and rinse under cold tap water.
- Combine milk, water, quinoa, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat, and let stand covered 5 minutes. Stir in blackberries. Transfer to four serving bowls and top with pecans. Drizzle 1 teaspoon maple syrup over each serving.
*While the quinoa cooks, roast the pecans in a 350 F degree toaster oven for 5 to 6 minutes or in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
Adapted from 101 Cookbooks