Perfectly spiced Cod that’s cooked in the Air Fryer so it’s nice and easy to make. This is Air Fryer Chili-Lime Cod for tacos is super easy, quick, and healthy meal for busy weeknights! And everyone loves fish tacos!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask. The comments can be easily found using the orange circle on the lower left, then Join the discussion!
Easy to make fish tacos
Easy Fish Tacos made with flavorful Chili-Lime Cod make a great family meal because you can have it on the table in about 20 minutes. And, everyone gets to make their tacos how they like them!
This recipe starts with deliciously fresh Wild Alaskan Pacific Cod that’s rubbed with a flavorful Mexican spice blend, and air fried until tender and flaky. Add your favorite taco toppings like red cabbage, guacamole, pico de gallo, radishes, and a squeeze of lime for the perfect weeknight meal.
How to defrost the cod
Make sure you defrost the cod before you go to cook it for this recipe.
The easiest way to defrost the fish is to take it out of the freezer while it’s still wrapped in the vacuum pack, and place it in the fridge overnight. By the time you’re ready to start dinner, it’ll be nice and defrosted.
If you forget to take it out of the freezer the night before, you can still defrost it by soaking it. Keep the cod sealed in the plastic bag, and submerge it in a sink or tub full of water. I like to place a heavy plate on top of the fish to keep it under the water. Soak it like this for 1 hour and it should be nicely defrosted.
What should I serve in the fish tacos?
Grab your tortillas. I love corn tortillas for fish tacos. They have a little more flavor and a chewier texture that are a nice balance with the fish.
Toast up those tortillas. The easiest way to do that is to pop them right on top of the gas flame on the stove top. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn, but allow them to develop a nice char.
Or, if you don’t feel comfortable toasting them directly on the gas flame, simply place them in a dry pan over medium-high heat until they develop some browning.
Then, fill those toasted tortillas with your favorite fish taco toppings.
My favorites fish taco toppings include:
- Shredded red or green cabbage
- Tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
- Avocado sauce
- Crumbled cotija or queso fresco cheese
- Pico de gallo
- Radish slices
- Sour cream
- and a drizzle of Spicy Smoke Sauce
Kitchen items you may want for this recipe
Note: these are Amazon affiliate links
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Air Fryer Chili-Lime Cod Recipe
Air Fryer Chili-Lime Cod
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Cod Fillets about ½ pound each
- Zest of 1 Lime
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices and mix well. Brush the cod filets with 1 tablespoon of oil. Rub the fillets with the spice mixture, coating them well. Refrigerate the spice rubbed cod filets for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380º F.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Place fillets in the basket in a single layer on top of the parchment paper. You may need to cook the cod in two batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook the cod in the air fryer at 380° F for 8-13 minutes. The internal temperature should reach 145° F, and the fish will flake easily and be opaque throughout when it’s cooked through.
- Carefully remove the cooked cod from the air fryer using the parchment paper to help you, and sprinkle the fish with lime zest.
- Break the fish into large chunks and serve with your favorite toppings in toasted tortillas for delicious fish tacos.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.