Do you love peppermint and chocolate together as much as I do? Then you will LOVE these Chocolate and Peppermint Covered Pretzel Crisps! A little salty, rich from the chocolate, and the crisp bite of peppermint! Snacking perfection!
Who says chocolate and peppermint is only good around Christmas? Not this girl!
(This post contains affiliate links, that if you click on them I’ll make a small amount of money)
Honestly, I love the flavor combination of peppermint and chocolate year round! I drink Peppermint Mochas all the time! And, Peppermint Patties are probably my favorite candy. I’ve even asked for Pretzel Crisp, Dark Chocolate and Peppermint for Christmas here on the blog. Yes, I’ve been on quite the peppermint kick lately! I even shared some Peppermint Shower Bombs, which were da bomb! hee hee
For Christmas my mom gave me some Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark. We bought a big bag of Pretzel Crisps for our New Year’s eve party. And, well, there were some little peppermint candies floating around the kitchen. I bought those little old-fashioned peppermint candies to use as props in a photo. You saw them in this photo:
I’m pretty sure you can see where this is going! Easy to make, and almost too easy to eat! Chocolate and Peppermint Covered Pretzel Crisps come together in a snap, and disappear even quicker!
Use leftover peppermint candies or candy canes to make the peppermint candy garnish. Just place the candies in a ziptop bag and take out your aggressions on them by smashing the heck outta them with a wooden spoon, meat tenderizer, rolling pin, cutting board, heavy skillet, … what? oh, you get the idea, sorry … hee hee.
If you don’t have leftover peppermint chocolate (because I would bet it’s difficult to find most times of the year), even on Amazon, you could easily make some by adding a few drops of peppermint extract or food grade peppermint oil to chocolate. Easy peasy.
Chocolate and Peppermint Covered Pretzel Crisps Recipe
Chocolate and Peppermint Covered Pretzel Crisps
- Peppermint chocolate
- Pretzel Crisps
- Peppermint candies or Peppermint candy cane
- Cut or break the peppermint chocolate into small pieces and place in a small microwaveable dish. Microwave until mostly melted in 30 second increments, being very careful not to burn the chocolate, stirring after each 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Dip Pretzel Crisps halfway into the melted chocolate, allow excess chocolate to drip off of the pretzel, and place the coated pretzel on a piece of wax paper.
- Place the Peppermint candies in a ziptop bag and crush with a rolling pin, heavy skillet, cutting board, etc. Sprinkle crushed candies onto the melted chocolate.
- Place pretzels in the fridge for a couple of minutes to firm up.