Enjoy this Crab and Shallot Frittata for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. And, it can be enjoyed hot from the oven, room temperature, or cold from the fridge. Super flexible and easy to enjoy any way you like!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask. The comments can be easily found using the orange circle on the lower left, then Join the discussion!
Frittata, crustless quiche, egg casserole, whatever you call it, it’s delicious, and a great way to enjoy crab meat!
Many of my friends have shared lots of wonderful crab this summer. I love the salty simply goodness that crab meat is.
I made this one in a deep casserole dish.
It takes a little longer to bake it in the deep dish casserole dish, so that it’s set in the middle. A shallow pie plate works great to keep the cooking time down.
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Crab and Shallot Frittata Recipe
Crab and Shallot Frittata
- Butter for greasing the pan
- 1 ½ tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 1 cup 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cooked crab meat
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle. Butter 10-inch glass pie plate or round casserole dish, then sprinkle the pan with bread crumbs.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat, and add the oil. Cook shallots until softened, about 5 minutes. Spread in dish, then evenly sprinkle cheese on top.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, crab, and pepper, and pour over cheese. Bake until top is golden and custard is set in center, 20 to 25 minutes for a shallow pan, and 30-40 minutes for a deep pan. Allow baked frittata to cool 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges to serve. Enjoy!
- Can be served hot, at room temperature, or cold from the fridge.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.