These Parmesan Garlic Buttermilk Biscuits from Scratch are light and fluffy.
They are easy to mix together. And, they’re even easier to eat!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
These Parmesan Garlic Buttermilk Biscuits from Scratch are adapted from a recipe I posted back in 2014 for Fresh Buttermilk Biscuits. These are one of my favorites, especially when I have leftover buttermilk in the house. It’s a great way to make a tasty treat that helps use up the buttermilk.
Serve these biscuits with homemade soup at dinner. With gravy for breakfast. As a breakfast sandwich with egg and cheese inside. Serve these Biscuits from Scratch with any stew or roast. These go with everything! And at any meal!
As for the buttermilk, when I buy a carton, I pour the leftovers in ice cube trays and defrost the cubes in the microwave as needed to use them.
You can also use powdered buttermilk in these; when I do I reconstitute the powdered stuff in milk so it’s a little richer.
I call for ¼ cup of Parmesan in these biscuits.
I’m still watching my cheese intake, so I went a little light on the cheese. You still get a nice salty flavor of the Parmesan in these.
If you aren’t watching your cheese intake, you can feel free to up the Parmesan to ½ cup.
And, please use real Parmesan, not that dry shake from the canister stuff in these!
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture and tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Parmesan Garlic Buttermilk Biscuits from Scratch Recipe:
Parmesan Garlic Buttermilk Biscuits from Scratch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine grain salt
- ¼ cup finely shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons ½ stick chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl, and add in the shredded Parmesan. With a pastry cutter, a sturdy fork, or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles course meal, with some larger butter lumps remaining.
- With a fork, stir in ¾ cup of the buttermilk until the mixture forms a soft, sticky ball. If the dough is too dry, add a little extra buttermilk – 1 tablespoon at a time up to 2 tablespoons.
- Give the dough one or two kneads with your hands to make sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Cut the dough in eight to ten equal pieces. Lightly roll dough pieces into balls, and transfer the biscuits to a silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 400° F, until they‘re golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and garlic powder together. Brush the garlic butter on the biscuits. Enjoy!