Cherry Lambic Granita is light, refreshing, yummy, easy to make, and with a little adult beverage kick!
What is granita?
This is a really easy frozen dessert that doesn’t require an ice cream machine!
A Granita is a frozen mixture of water, sugar and liquid flavorings, and has a granular icy texture.
And, this Cherry Lambic Granita makes the most of those beautiful summer cherries.
What is Lambic?
I’m a big fan of Lambic, though many people haven’t heard about it. Lambic is a fruity slightly sour cider-like alcoholic beverage that’s brewed like a beer. It’s a nice dessert beverage that’s super yummy.
I really like Lambics, and have another recipe for Lambic Ice Cream Float.
Scrape the ice
Scraping the icy mixture with a fork to get the light fluffy Granita.
Lambics come in different flavors too. I chose the Framboise Lambic, which is raspberry flavor. The cherry Lambic or Kriek would be great in this dessert as well!
This is a full flavored, wonderfully fruity, slightly tart, icy treat. It’ll help cool you off during these hot summer months, while not making you feel heavy and full. Oh and that pretty dark red color is just fabulous!
More Cherry Recipes
Cherries are such a wonderful summertime fruit. If you need more cherries in your life, check out these delicious cherry recipes. You’ll love them!
- Cherry Yogurt Cloud Pie with Granola Crust
- Cherry Bread with Dark Chocolate Glaze
- Cherry Scotch Sipper
- Cherry Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- Double Cherry Popsicles
- Small Batch Cherry Lime Jam
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Cherry Lambic Granita
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup pitted dark cherries
- 1 ½ cups Lambic
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until all sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place pitted cherries and simple syrup (sugar mixture) in a blender, and process until smooth. Stir in Lambic; pour into a freezer safe container, cover and freeze for 8 hours or until firm.
- Remove mixture from freezer; scrape with a fork until fluffy.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.