I have a simple and easy recipe using their yogurt. Cherry Yogurt Cloud Pie with Granola Crust is a no-bake, delicious treat that can be eaten for breakfast or dessert.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask. The comments can be easily found using the orange circle on the lower left, then Join the discussion!
For my Yogurt Cloud Pie you’ll want to use granola with no dried fruit. Coconut would be ok, but no raisins or cranberries or such.
The yogurt can be full or low-fat, either one will work. I like the added flavor of the vanilla yogurt in this.
The coconut milk will need to be refrigerated overnight so that it separates. Don’t shake the can before or after refrigerating. Each can will yield different amounts of coconut cream. I’ve had some that were mostly all coconut cream, and some that are about half coconut cream and half coconut water. Whichever way it goes, it’s all good; your pie will turn out great either way.
For the cherries, make sure to get a jar without heavy syrup. The ones I got came from the international market near my house, and I think they are just beautiful. I stood around in the store reading all the labels, and this one, cherries were the first ingredient. So many of them had sugar as the first ingredient.
How to make
More Cherry Recipes
Cherries are such a wonderful summertime fruit. If you need more cherries in your life, check out these delicious cherry recipes. You’ll love them!
- Cherry Bread with Dark Chocolate Glaze
- Cherry Scotch Sipper
- Lime Cherry Jam
- Cherry Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- Double Cherry Popsicles
- Cherry Lambic Granita
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Cherry Yoghurt Cloud Pie with Granola Crust
- Place the can of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a food processor, pulse granola with the coconut oil, until fine crumbs form. Transfer the granola mixture to a 9-inch pie pan and, using your hands, gently press it evenly onto the bottom and way up the sides of the pie pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- While the crust refrigerates, carefully scoop out the solid white portion (or the coconut cream) from the top of the can of coconut milk, and place it in a large bowl. Reserve the clear water for another use (like a smoothie).
- Add the vanilla and maple syrup to the coconut milk in the bowl, and beat with a hand mixer on high speed until soft peaks form, like whipped cream.
- Carefully fold yogurt into the whipped coconut milk, and pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. Cover loosely with plastic wrap of waxed paper, and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, pour the jarred cherries over the yoghurt filling.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.