Crescent Chicken Squares
This Crescent Chicken Squares is a recipe my mom used to make when I was a kid; it was one of my favorites. And, I loved helping her make it! Get your kids involved in this one. Chicken and cream cheese wrapped in crescent rolls. So family friendly. So easy, and so good.
Love chicken recipes?
Take a look at our most popular recipe!
Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad – A budget-friendly delicious and easy to make chicken salad that’s perfect for parties or lunches on the go!
Then grab the recipe here.
When I posted one of my most popular recipes for Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad, I mentioned that that recipe reminded me of this recipe for Crescent Chicken Squares.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty yellow background.
My husband helped me update the flavors to our current tastes by adding a bit more herbs and spices. If you have kids (or spouse) who like plain food, you may want to leave the garlic powder and thyme out, and cut back on the pepper.
The more you stir the mixture, the smoother, or more pate-like it will become. So, if you want a nice smooth mixture inside your packets, keep stirring. If you want to keep it a bit chunky, just lightly mix it.
I like the kick that the pimento adds to this. If you want, you could use roasted red peppers instead of pimento.
Other super easy kid-friendly recipes my mom used to make
(click on the picture for the recipe):
If you like seeing my recipes, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Crescent Chicken Squares Recipe:
Crescent Chicken Squares
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimento
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted, plus additional for brushing the tops
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 package quick crescent rolls
- a few pinches of seasoned salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix all ingredients, except crescent rolls in a medium bowl. Divide rolls into 4 rectangles, sealing perforations if there are any. Fill each rectangle with ¼ of the chicken mixture. Pull the 4 corners of the dough to the center and give a little twist to the dough at the top. Brush the tops of the packets with melted butter and sprinkle with a pinch of seasoned salt. Bake 15-20 minutes.