S’mores Krispie Treats are the perfect easy no bake summer treat that you can make year-round with all the classic flavors that you want.
I love no bake treats during the summer. If you do too, you’ll definitely want to check out these other delicious no bake treats! Peanut butter cookie truffles, Chocolate candy cookies, and Peanut butter bars.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Note: this section contains affiliate links
During the summer months I often end up with some leftover marshmallows or graham crackers. And, well, sometimes there’s a box of cereal in the cupboard too. A few months ago I decided to make up some S’mores Krispie Treats out of all that.
I tested out a couple different ways and with different ingredients, but in the end, I went pretty S’mores traditional. I think the classic flavors are so perfect!
I used the classic S’mores ingredient of Hershey’s bars, but you could totally use chocolate chips instead. If you’re like me, dark chocolate is a must, and these S’mores Krispie Treats are great with dark chocolate as well.
I left the graham crackers in some larger pieces so there would be nice pretty chunks in the mix. Also, save some crushed grahams for garnishing the top.
These Krispie Treats would be perfect fun for any party, potluck, or gathering. Kids and adults are all going to love these!
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
S’mores Krispie Treats Recipe
S’mores Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter plus additional for buttering the pan
- 40 large marshmallows
- 2 cup puffed rice cereal
- 4 cups crushed graham crackers plus additional for garnish
- 6 1.55 ounce Hershey’s milk chocolate bars unwrapped and broken into pieces
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add puffed rice cereal and crushed grahams. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered hands or a spatula evenly press mixture into the buttered. Cool.
- Place chocolate pieces in a medium bowl, and microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until completely melted. Pour melted chocolate over graham mixture, and spread evenly. Garnish with additional crushed graham crackers.
- Cut into squares.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.