This Blackberry Peach Fruit Crisp with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble is my favorite fruit crisp. Loaded with fresh juicy tart blackberries, sweet summer peaches, and topped with a crumbly oatmeal brown sugar streusel – this is the fruit crisp you want to nosh on!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask. The comments can be easily found using the orange circle on the lower left, then Join the discussion!
Easy to make
Part of the reason I love it is because I always have the ingredients in my cupboard. Just pick up some fresh juicy fruit, and you’re in fruity heaven!
How to top fruit crisp
Of course, I also love it because it’s so yummy. It’s perfect hot out of the oven topped with a big spoonful of vanilla ice cream. Great with some whipped cream as an after dinner treat. Divine as a breakfast start to the day topped with some vanilla yogurt. I’ve even eaten it straight out of the fridge, cold and yummy.
Recipe notes and tips
I’m pretty lucky, as the blackberries I get to use are all wild blackberries that I picked. These blackberries are a little tart, so I added the peaches and a little sugar for sweetness. Taste your fruit to see if it’s tart or sweet, and add sugar as needed.
For the brown sugar, light or dark will work – use whichever you have.
Other blackberry desserts you’ll love!
Blackberries are one of my favorite fruits, and I love to bake with them! Be sure to try my Maple – Brown Sugar – Bourbon Blackberries, Blackberry Hand Pies with Nutella, Blackberry Pie, Blackberry Curd.
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Blackberry Peach Fruit Crisp with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble Recipe
Blackberry Peach Fruit Crisp with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble
- 5 cups blackberries
- 1 large peach, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, optional
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
FOR THE FILLING:
- Place the blackberries in a large bowl, and mash a few of them with a large spoon or fork. Stir in peaches and quick-cooking tapioca. Taste to see if the fruit needs any sugar. Set aside, and make the topping.
FOR THE TOPPING
- Whisk the brown sugar and the flour together in a large mixing bowl. Add butter, cutting it in with a pastry blender or a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in oats and cinnamon, blending until clumps form.
- Place the fruit mixture in a 9×9-inch pan, and top with the crumble. Bake in a 350° F oven about 30-40 minutes, or until filling is bubbling and topping is brown and crisp. Let cool at least 15 minutes before digging in.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.