I’ve noticed that my food has been having a very autumnal feel to it lately. The seasons are changin’! & thoughts about Unprocessed October Day 29 – Potato, Leek, and Broccoli Soup.
Here’s my menu for Day 29 of Unprocessed October:
Breakfast: cinnamon roll Friday! & coffee
Lunch: plain yogurt that I added some pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spices to … mmmm, pumpkin pie yogurt. I also had some whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter
Dinner: Potato, Leek, and Broccoli soup* with sourdough bread and a peach lambic.
Snack: raspberry lambic
Potato, Leek, and Broccoli Soup Recipe
Potato, Leek, and Broccoli Soup
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 small leeks white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch broccoli—florets coarsely chopped stems peeled and sliced
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary chopped (optional garnish)
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Add the leeks, potatoes and broccoli and cook over high heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the broth and 3 cups of water, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until all of the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender until smooth. Return the puree to the pot and stir in the milk. Season the soup with salt and pepper. Garnish with rosemary, if desired. Serve hot with butter sourdough.
Adapted from Adapted from Food & Wine