My Pasta in Paprika White Wine Sauce is a fun recipe that comes together pretty quickly, isn’t too difficult, but is really full of flavor. And, it’s a nice romantic dinner that you and your sweetie can enjoy together.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Looking for more great comfort food? Try my Mom’s Vegetarian Pot Pie. A big favorite in my house that I’ve been making all the time lately. Perfect comfort food. Hop over to take a look at the recipe!
Nice balanced recipe
Wine is a great addition to this pasta sauce.
I used a nice Riesling to make the pasta sauce. It’s crisp and refreshing with fruity notes, which is perfect for this pasta dish.
The fruity notes offset the bitterness of the spinach, while the crisp and refreshing nature of the Riesling balances the smoked paprika nicely.
It all comes together in a nice comforting romantic pasta dish.
Add in a glass or two of wine (the same wine you used in the dish) and you’ll have a lovely way to celebrate anything, from a birthday to just getting home at the end of a long day!
Photo above: I wanted you to be able to see the sauce in the pan as it simmers away. I love the pretty color!
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Pasta in Paprika White Wine Sauce Recipe
Pasta in Paprika White Wine Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon powdered garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine like Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 big handfuls fresh spinach leaves chopped if they’re large pieces
- Heat oil in a large skillet, preferably a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, sauté the sliced onions until starting to brown and caramelize, about 15-20 minutes; add in a little water if the onions start to cook too fast.
- While the onions cook, boil the pasta, but cook for 1-2 minutes less than the package directions tell you, as the pasta will continue to cook in the wine sauce. Drain pasta once cooked.
- Once the onions are nice and browned and caramelized, add the smoked paprika, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper, and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine to the onions, and bring to a gentle simmer. Add in the pasta and cook until the wine is absorbed and reduced.
- Add the butter and the spinach and stir in well, letting the butter melt and the spinach wilt. Taste for salt and pepper. Garnish with additional fresh thyme leaves if desired.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.