Indulge in a creamy and delicious dip that is sure to please! Our Caramelized Onion Dip is made with caramelized onions and the perfect blend of herbs and spices. Its creamy texture and sweet onion flavor make it the perfect accompaniment to chips, crackers, or your favorite veggies. Enjoy this delicious dip on special occasions or for an everyday snack.
This Caramelized Onion Dip is super yummy. Like stick your fingers into the dip and lick them yummy.
I love that it’s made with all whole ingredients too. No packaged stuff. No pouches of mix. Your whole family will love this, and you’ll love how real it is.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Serve with hearty crackers or slices of bread.
Makes 12 servings (serving size: 3 tablespoons)
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Caramelized Onion Dip Recipe
Caramelized Onion Dip
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups onion, chopped (4 cups is about 2 large onions)
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup light sour cream not fat free
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated about 1 ½ ounces
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to coat pan. Add chopped onion to pan and sauté 10 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce heat to low, and add thyme and salt to pan; cook 20 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove onion mixture from heat. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until blended and cheese melts.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.