Cranberry Rosemary Cornbread – sweet old-fashioned cornbread with tart cranberries mixed in, and a little earthy rosemary to top it all off – the perfect festive and delicious side dish at the holidays
This week I’m joining in with a great bunch of bloggers to bring you Cranberry Week! A week of cranberry-inspired recipes! All week long, from November 21st through November 25, 2016.
We will be using fresh cranberries, dried ones, cranberry sauce, cranberry juice… cranberries, in all their forms. And, I have to tell you, these are some pretty creative recipes for cranberries! All are guaranteed to be fun and creative!
My first recipe for this week is the homey and delicious Cranberry Rosemary Cornbread. This is full of flavor, and smells amazing while it bakes. Perfect for Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, or any other fun family event.
I also really like the pretty colors that this Cranberry Rosemary Cornbread has. As the cranberries bake, they split open just a bit to create those deep red pockets of jammy looking goodness. After you pour the batter in the pan, just take a second to make sure the cranberries are fairly evenly distributed around the pan. When I poured my batter into the pan, the berries all ended up at one side, so it’ll help with that pretty presentation to distribute them.
I’ll have another cranberry recipe for you after Thanksgiving. A dessert recipe! Nom nom Until then, happy cooking, and happy holidays to you and yours!
Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Cranberry-Apple Sauce from The Chef Next Door
- Cranberry Cornbread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Maple Delicata Squash Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Orange Baked Brie from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Palmiers from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Cranberry Rosemary Cornbread from Life Currents
- Cranberry Snack Cake from Cooking With Carlee
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Noreaster from Family Around The Table
- Pork Shashlyk and Tkemali from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Shallot Cranberry Chutney from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket from Palatable Pastime
- Stuffed Endive with Blue Cheese, Walnuts & Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Upsidedown Cranberry Cake from Hostess At Heart
Cranberry Rosemary Cornbread Recipe
Cranberry Rosemary Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and dried rosemary in medium bowl. Mix fresh cranberries into the dry ingredients.
- Combine milk, oil, and egg in small bowl; mix well. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Move cranberries around so they’re evenly distributed, if necessary.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.