French Bread Pizza. It’s quick and easy, and everything you want from pizza! I especially recommend making your own pizza sauce with our thick and rich easy recipe!
I’m pretty sure that, just as I could eat tacos for any meal and everyday, my husband could eat pizza for any meal and everyday. So, you can imagine that we eat pizza pretty often around here.
We have our favorite Homemade Thin Crust Pizza. But, it does take a while to make. So, if I want something quick, we’ll do this French Bread Pizza. It’s quick and easy, and gives you everything you want from pizza.
I also like that we can customize our French Bread Pizza – Dan’s with pepperoni, and mine with veggies of some sort. We usually eat 1/4 of the loaf of French bread for dinner or lunch. Now, if you have more people or bigger eaters, feel to double this and get 4 pizzas. Just rotate the pizzas in the oven halfway through cooking if you have all 4 halves in there at once.
**Store-bought Italian Herbs will work just fine, but I like to make my own Italian Herb blend. It’s easy and I just fill a jar to last us a nice long time.
French Bread Pizza Recipe
Make sure to scroll down for the Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe and the Italian Seasonings Recipe
French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf of French Bread
- 1 recipe pizza sauce* see recipe below
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- toppings of choice: pepperoni onion, pineapple, mushrooms, olives, garlic, etc…
- Italian herbs**
- Pre-heat oven to 450° F.
- Cut the French bread in half, lengthwise, and put the halves, cut side up, on a cookie sheet. Spread ½ of the pizza sauce on each side. Sprinkle with cheese. Put your favorite toppings on top, and sprinkle with Italian herbs.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted starting to brown. Cut into loaves into wide strips. Enjoy immediately.
Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl, and refrigerate at least one hour before using.
Italian Seasonings Recipe
Italian Herb Blend
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Mix well, and store in an air-tight container. Double or triple as needed.