Looking for a quick delicious dinner? This Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Albacore Tuna is just the ticket. Hearty. Yummy. And pretty quick to make. Just a little chopping, browning, and baking, and boom! You’ve got a fresh take on dinner.
We appreciate you
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
When I make this I chop the mushrooms in a small food processor. I love mushrooms, but my husband isn’t such a fan of them. It isn’t the flavor he dislikes, it’s the texture.
But, I’ve found that if I chop them up really fine, almost to a puree, he doesn’t mind them. If you want to try chopping them in the food processor, make sure to cut them in quarters first, otherwise they’ll just bounce around on the food processor blades.
*For those of you who are new to my blog, I don’t work for Island Trollers, I just adore them! I did get some tuna from them in exchange for writing some recipes.
But, I do it because I love them, not because they pay me. Check out where I talk about experiencing the tuna and how I got to know them in my Tuna Chowder post.
Looking for more great Gnocchi recipes? Be sure to check out my White Bean Sun Dried Tomato Gnocchi, Red pepper corn soup gnocchi, Vegetable gnocchi soup, Gnocchi with balsamic tomatoes and caramelized onions, and Gnocchi with Peruvian seco sauce.
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Island Trollers Albacore Tuna Recipe
Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Tuna
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks cleaned, white and light green parts chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon ground garlic
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 7.5 ounces Island Trollers Tuna undrained*
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese shaved
- 1 tablespoon Fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 ° F. Lightly oil a 13×9 baking dish; set aside. In a large pot cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once oil is hot and shimmering, cook leeks until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Turn heat down to medium, and add mushrooms, garlic, and pepper, cooking until mushrooms release their liquid and begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in milk and half-and-half. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5, minutes or until liquid begins to thicken. Fold in gnocchi, tuna, and any liquid from the tuna. Transfer to the prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and thyme leaves. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Leave a Reply