Red Pepper Corn Soup with Gnocchi is an easy to make, delicious vegetarian soup that’s filled with gnocchi, veggies, and a touch of heat.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
What are gnocchi?
Gnocchi are little Italian soft potato dumplings or little pillows of potato. They even look like pillows. Wouldn’t you just love to lay your head on one of these, and cuddle up in its little potato-y goodness. hee hee
But seriously, this soup is super yummy. Tangy red pepper, sweet corn, a little kick from spicy Sriracha. And, then, top it all off with soft Gnocchi to sink your teeth into. Well, it all just works so well. And, it’s a great way to get your kids (or your husband) to eat their veggies!
Some like it spicy
And, like I always encourage, if you’re not a fan of the spicy heat, start by adding a bit less Sriracha and work your way up. You can always add more, but you can’t take it out! Heck, you could even use your own homemade Sriracha.
Looking for other great vegetarian soups?
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Red Pepper Corn Soup with Gnocchi Recipe
Red Pepper Corn Soup with Gnocchi
- 2 ¼ cups frozen corn divided use
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or light tasting oil of your choice
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 carrots sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup milk whole milk, soy milk, or almond milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 12 ounce package gnocchi
- freshly ground black pepper
- Additional Fresh thyme for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add corn. Let corn cook until starting to toast and turn golden brown, about 5-10 minutes. Put toasted corn in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the red pepper, onion, and carrots, and cook until slightly softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Reserving ¼ cup of the toasted corn, add the remaining corn and garlic powder to the veggies, and cook an additional minute. Add the broth, Sriracha, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Remove and discard the thyme stems and bay leaves. Remove 1 cup of the veggies, and set aside. Working in batches, transfer soup, half at a time, to a blender, and blend until smooth. Or, use a handheld immersion blender to blend slightly.
- Stir in the milk, salt, reserved veggies, and gnocchi. Cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until soup is heated through and gnocchi is cooked.
- Taste for seasonings, and add pepper to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with reserved corn and additional thyme leaves.