Guacamole and Tuna Stuffed Avocado with Island Trollers Albacore Tuna
I’ve partnered with Island Trollers to bring this healthy meal to you, but as always, all opinions are all my own
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask. The comments can be easily found using the orange circle on the lower left, then Join the discussion!
Fresh tasting albacore tuna
I’m excited to bring you a new recipe for Island Trollers Tuna. And, I’m also excited to bring you a recipe with two of my favorite things in one!!! Avocado and Island Trollers amazingly fresh and delicious tuna!
You’ve seen me talk about Island Trollers tuna before. If you’d like to read about how I started working with Island Trollers, take a look here at my Tuna Chowder Recipe (still a favorite in my house!).
Want to see all my great Island Trollers recipes, take look at my Pinterest board dedicated to Island Trollers!
This Stuffed Avocado is super easy to make. And it contains no mayo, so there’s no guilt – it’s just the simple healthy goodness of Fresh tasting Albacore tuna and guacamole stuffed inside a pretty avocado.
I love the garlic Island Trollers Albacore Tuna for this tuna salad. The jalapeno would also be great. But, then honestly, any of their flavors would be fantastic in this easy lunch.
And remember, if you’re making this recipe with Island Trollers Albacore Tuna, you don’t want to drain off those tasty juices from the can; they’re the juices from the fish itself, not just plain ol’ water or oil. Those juices are loaded with Omega 3s. So, it might feel a little weird not to drain the tuna, but don’t do it.
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Guacamole and Tuna Stuffed Avocado with Island Trollers Albacore Tuna Recipe
Guacamole and Tuna Stuffed Avocado
- 7.5 ounce can Island Trollers Tuna undrained
- 1 large ripe avocado peels and pit removed
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- drizzle of Sriracha, optional
- sprouts or additional chopped cilantro for garnish
- Cut the avocado in half, and remove the pit. Using a small spoon, scoop out some of the avocado from the center of the avocado, leaving a small amount of “wall” around the outside of the avocado.
- Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl, and mash with a fork. Add the tuna (breaking up any large chunks), red onion, and chopped cilantro. Mix together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper if desired (I didn’t think it needed extra seasoning).
- Scoop the tuna salad into the avocado bowls.
- Drizzle with Sriracha if desired, and garnish with sprouts or additional cilantro. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.