Lemon Pull-Apart Rolls
These lemon rolls are the bomb! Think cinnamon rolls, only with a citrus kick! These are way better, in my opinion than cinnamon rolls (I know that’s bound to cause some discussions). But, I’m a huge fan of all things lemony desserts (see below for some of my other lemony goodies!).
These bake up nice and easy with pre-made frozen dinner rolls. Just take the rolls out of the freezer to thaw. Let rise, and spice them up with the lemony sugar goodness.
Eat these for breakfast or dessert. Or even a midday snack with a cup of coffee! Yum yum. I really can’t say enough good things about these Lemon Pull-Apart Rolls.
Lemon Pull-Apart Rolls Recipe
If you like what you see, click the yum button: Yum
Or, add to a Flipboard magazine Add to Flipboard Magazine.
- 1 pound pre-made Dinner Roll dough balls thawed but still cold
- Zest from 2 whole lemons
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Citrus Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Remove rolls from package and allow to thaw on counter.
- Mix lemon zest with sugar.
Cut rolls in half (or make 24 small dough balls), and place in a 12-inch deep-dish pie pan that’s been sprayed with oil or non-stick spray or 9x13-inch sprayed baking pan. Drizzle ¼ cup melted butter over rolls, and sprinkle with lemon sugar mixture, reserving ½ of the mixture to sprinkle on just before baking. Cover the rolls with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size, about 3-5 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap from rolls, and sprinkle on remaining lemon sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- While rolls bake, combine glaze ingredients (Powdered sugar, butter, and lemon juice) and mix well. Drizzle over baked lemon rolls. Enjoy.
Check out some of my other lemon desserts (click on the picture or the link underneath to get to the recipe):