It’s that time of year again. The beginning of 2020. Time to ring in the New Year and celebrate what a great year we’ve had. Time to remember the good year that just passed, and time to reflect on our favorite foods from the year with the Most Popular Recipes of 2019: the year in review.
This is a celebration of all that happened in 2019. And, 2019 was my blog’s 10th year anniversary! I can hardly believe it! 10 years of sharing delicious food with you! I am so happy with all that I’ve accomplished here!
Thanks for being here with me on this journey!
So, these are recipes that were published in 2019 – new recipes, not ones that have been around for years. And there were so many good ones this year!
Life Currents has continued to grow and to share great recipes and good times. I’m so grateful; I owe so much of that to all of you, the dear readers!
I mentioned last year that we had to remodel our master bathroom. The project is mostly complete, with just some minor tweaks that we still need to finish. We’ll post something to share all that we did, but I’m so happy with the outcome. It’s beautiful, and my husband did almost all of the work on it himself. He’s amazing!
Air Fryer Recipes
I fell in love with my new air fryer this year. I use it for all kinds of things from veggies to tater tots to French fries. I use my Air Fryer like a mighty but mini super powerful oven. It’s perfect for roasting veggies or heating up small items where you don’t need the whole oven.
Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
I also learned a lot about the Instant Pot. This too is a great kitchen tool. My husband loves it for large cuts of meat like pork roasts and ribs. I’m not at expert at it yet, but I like learning about it and experimenting with it.
All the things
2020 was also the year that we did “All the things”. We went on lots of adventures. And I shared many of them on the blog.
We went tree climbing on Whidbey Island
I went ziplining on Camano Island
We visited Fort Casey State Park
And I shared some great places to eat on Whidbey Island
Have you tried any of the top 9 recipes?
Which one is on your “must make” list?
I’m really proud of all my recipes from 2019. I felt like it was a great year for the actual recipes.
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Favorites that didn’t make the list
I’m pretty proud of all the recipes from 2019, so I thought I’d include some of my favorites that didn’t make the top spots.
But, here are some of my favorites are in no particular order.
Thai Basil Shrimp is simple to prepare and packs a delicious flavor punch. Creamy coconut sauce, loaded with veggies, and perfectly cooked shrimp, served over baked sweet potatoes. Healthy & delicious! Pin it
Garlic Parmesan Cream Shrimp over Roasted Squash packs a delicious flavor punch. Creamy garlic Parmesan sauce and perfectly cooked shrimp, served over deliciously roasted squash. This will be your new favorite dinner! Pin it
These individual Sausage and Potato Pot Pies are simply delicious! An amazingly yummy hearty sausage stew with potatoes, carrots, and peas, all covered in flaky puff pastry. (Sometimes when I’m in a hurry I’ll just make the stew part without the puff pastry topping and serve it in bowls!) They’re great comfort food for when the air is chilly and you need something warm and yummy in your tummy. Pin it
Some of our house favorites that we make all the time:
This delicious gluten-free, fiber-rich, vegetarian Lentil Soup is one of my favorite easy to make soups! Homemade lentil soup is more nutritious and flavorful than store-bought soups. It’s also low fat, and full of veggies and flavor. Pin it
Just one dish, no precooking the pasta to add it in with the sauce. Nice and easy and so deliciously comforting. This homemade One Dish Oven Baked Mac & Cheese has been a favorite of mine for many years. Pin it
2019 most popular!
Let’s start with #9 and work our way up to #1.
9 Most Popular Recipes of 2019: the year in review, as determined by page views:
And, be sure to check out Pinterest, as many people add their reviews and “tried it’s” there.
I love reading what you guys like and how you change the recipes!
Of course feel fee to come back here and leave a comment on recipes you’ve tried as well.
9. My Cream of Garlic Soup is silky smooth, full flavored, creamy, with a nice bite of garlic. If you’re a garlic lover, this vegetarian soup is for you. And I love that this is an easy to make soup, coming together on the stove top with just a bit of stirring and cooking, nothing too complicated. Oh and it’s great over pasta as well! Pin it
8. I think risotto hit it’s popularity in the 1990’s. And I think that all things 90’s are coming back in style. So, it doesn’t surprise me to see my Corn and Red Pepper Risotto on the list. Creamy risotto with sweet corn, tangy roasted red bell pepper, and Parmesan cheese – it’s a naturally gluten-free vegetarian dish made in heaven. Pin it
7. Toasted Coconut Ice Box Cake is an easy to make, no-bake ice box cake that’s filled to the brim with delicious coconut – from coconut milk, shredded coconut, coconut cookies, and coconut chips. If you’re a coconut fan, this is for you! Pin it
5. It makes me happy that my Blue Cheese Spinach Walnut Sauce is on the top 9 list. It’s a super creamy, rich, blue cheese sauce with just the right amount of herby spinach, and some nutritious crunchy nutty walnuts. It’s great over pasta, steak, or chicken, serve it as a dip with veggies, top a baked potato with it, it just goes everywhere! Pin it
4. This Vegetarian Vegetable Lasagna has been one of my favorite meals ever since I turned vegetarian 30 years ago. It was one of the first things I learned how to cook. And, it’s still so good! Filled with veggies and cheese, this main dish will leave you happy, whether you eat meat or not! Pin it
3. My Orange Basil Cream Sauce is an unforgettable buttery sauce that goes so well on pasta, fish, tofu, or chicken. With sweet tangy orange and fresh basil it’ll definitely be a house favorite at your house too! Pin it
2. I made my Cranberry Pecan Tuna Salad as a spinoff of one of my most popular recipes, the Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad. It’s a pescetarian version of that chicken version. I’m super happy with just how delicious it was! Perfectly balanced salad filled with tuna, tart and sweet dried cranberries, crunchy toasted pecans, and fresh fruity grapes. This salad comes together quickly and is so delicious! I also have a vegetarian version filled with broccoli. Pin it
1. My Honey Lemon Cold & Flu Remedy Drink has been a favorite of mine for many years. It’s warm, soothing, delicious, and all with a kick. It always helps me feel better when I’m under the weather. Pin it