Island Trollers Tuna Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise are a fun way to celebrate summer, with delicious tuna patties and a lightly spicy mayo, you’ll want to serve these again and again.
Disclaimer: I was provided with cans of awesome Island Trollers Tuna for my participation, however, all opinions are my own.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask. The comments can be easily found using the orange circle on the lower left, then Join the discussion!
Summertime, and the living’s easy! Especially if you have yourself a tasty and healthy Tuna Burger. And, especially if that Tuna Burger is made with the tastiest tuna around, Island Trollers Tuna.
These Tuna Burgers such a great way to celebrate all that is summer. Light yet still full of flavor. Super tasty. And, the drizzle of Chipotle Mayo just gives them that extra kick that you might be looking for on a nice hot summer day.
You’ve seen me talk about Island Trollers since I first started working with them back in 2011. Their tuna is the best I’ve had. Fresh tasting, yummy, healthy, and sustainable!
This Tuna Burger is based on my Tuna Cakes recipe. It’s one I’ve made many times and it continues to be a favorite. I’ve also made these tuna cakes into Tuna Cake Sandwiches on Toasted Parmesan Sourdough Bread.
I like the kick of the chipotle mayo on these (though, they are delicious even without it!). Find the instructions for the easy to make Chipotle paste here.
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Island Trollers Tuna Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise Recipe
Tuna Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 7.5 ounce can Island Trollers Tuna , undrained
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- Combine the egg, sour cream, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, onion, and chives in a large bowl and mix well. Add the tuna, breaking apart any large chunks, and panko; gently fold mixture together until just combined.
- Using your hands, shape into 2 patties and place on a Silpat or foil lined baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or a large griddle set over medium heat. Once oil is hot and shimmers (just below the smoking point), carefully place the patties one at a time in the pan, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook patties until they are golden brown on the first side, about 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove the patties from the oil once they are golden brown on each side. Fry up any additional patties, adding oil between each cake as necessary.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined, adding more chipotle paste if desired. Top Tuna Burgers with Chipotle Mayo.
- Serve tuna patties with lettuce, Chipotle Mayo, and any other condiments of your choice on hamburger buns.
Find the instructions on how to make your own Chipotle Paste here: https://lifecurrentsblog.com/chipotle-paste/
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.