Island Trollers Tuna Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Summertime, and the living’s easy! Especially if you have yourself a tasty and healthy Tuna Burger. And, especially if that Tuna Burger is made with the tastiest tuna around, Island Trollers Tuna.
These Tuna Burgers such a great way to celebrate all that is summer. Light yet still full of flavor. Super tasty. And, the drizzle of Chipotle Mayo just gives them that extra kick that you might be looking for on a nice hot summer day.
You’ve seen me talk about Island Trollers since I first started working with them back in 2011. Their tuna is the best I’ve had. Fresh tasting, yummy, healthy, and sustainable!
This Tuna Burger is based on my Tuna Cakes recipe. It’s one I’ve made many times and it continues to be a favorite. I’ve also made these tuna cakes into Tuna Cake Sandwiches on Toasted Parmesan Sourdough Bread.
I like the kick of the chipotle mayo on these (though, they are delicious even without it!). Find the instructions for the easy to make Chipotle paste here.
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 7.5 ounce can Island Trollers Tuna, undrained
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- Chipotle Mayo recipe below
- Combine the egg, sour cream, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, onion, and chives in a large bowl and mix well. Add the tuna, breaking apart any large chunks, and panko; gently fold mixture together until just combined.
- Using your hands, shape into 2 patties and place on a Silpat or foil lined baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or a large griddle set over medium heat. Once oil is hot and shimmers (just below the smoking point), carefully place the patties one at a time in the pan, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook patties until they are golden brown on the first side, about 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove the patties from the oil once they are golden brown on each side. Fry up any additional patties, adding oil between each cake as necessary.
- Serve tuna patties with lettuce, Chipotle Mayo, and any other condiments of your choice on hamburger buns.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon or more if you like it spicy chipotle paste (instructions here on how to make your own https://lifecurrentsblog.com/chipotle-paste/ )
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Top Tuna Burgers with Chipotle Mayo.
Disclaimer: I was provided with cans of awesome Island Trollers Tuna for my participation, however, all opinions are my own.