After Thanksgiving and all those leftovers, maybe you’re looking for something a little lighter. This is one of my favorites, a light lunch or breakfast that’s still filled with good for you things like avocados and eggs. Open Faced Avocado Miso Toast with a Fried Egg & Fresh Spinach.
Hearty wheaty bread
I like this on a pretty hearty wheaty bread. The bread in the photo is from Dave’s Killer Bread, and it’s really good. This is their “Good Seed” variety.
They’re new to my grocery store & I see that they ship across the U.S. Give them a try if you see ’em; they’re GMO free, organic, vegan, and really tasty. (No, I didn’t get paid or even free samples for this, I just thought they were really good.)
Avocado Miso Toast Recipe
Open Faced Avocado-Miso Toasts with a Fried Egg
- Handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 slices whole grain bread toasted
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- pinch Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 fried eggs
- Lay fresh spinach leaves on the toast. In a small bowl, mash the avocado and miso together with a fork, and spread on toast. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the avocado mash.
- Fry the egg to your liking, and top the avocado toast with the fried egg. Devour.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.