Shrimp and Crab Enchiladas – a delicious and easy to make recipe that will make the seafood lover in you very happy.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Friends share great food
This awesome recipe comes to you from my friend Chad.
See, Chad cooked for me! Besides the fact that that always tastes great, these were amazing! So I had to share them with you.
So good I had to photograph it with my phone
Please forgive the photos, as I only took them with my phone. I didn’t want to make people wait to eat so I didn’t do all my normal photo set ups for these.
Sharing is caring
You’ll remember Chad from the amazing Carne Asada Marinade recipe that he shared with us. He’s a great cook, so you can believe that these are super delicious!
Perfect balance of flavors
These Shrimp and Crab Enchiladas were the perfect balance of nice seafood flavors and Mexican flavors, and all wrapped in a nice complex sauce. The perfect comfort food!
I don’t have exact measurements on these Shrimp and Crab Enchiladas.
A little flexiblity
But my bet is that you can recreate them at home with these simple instructions. Besides, many of the people I know cook without measuring, so just trust your cooking instincts on these, and they will turn out great!
I call for fresh salsa in the recipe. Use your favorite kind. We found the variety that we used in the refrigerated deli section of the grocery store. Mild, medium, hot, or any combination of them, it’s up to you and what looks good.
We used leftover cooked Dungeness Crab. Find my instructions here on how to cook your own. Or, get some cooked crab at the seafood counter. The better the quality of the crab, the better these enchiladas will turn out.
Homemade enchilada sauce
I make my own Enchilada Sauce all the time. It only takes about 20 minutes, and I just keep a jar in the fridge. It’s so much better than any canned sauce I’ve ever found.
Looking for more healthy and yummy Mexican food recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture and tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Other great seafood recipes
Shrimp and Crab Enchiladas Recipe
Shrimp and Crab Enchiladas
- 1 white onion chopped
- handful cilantro chopped
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- Cooked shrimp
- Cooked crab
- fresh salsa
- Flour tortillas
- Enchilada sauce https://lifecurrentsblog.com/easy-enchilada-sauce/
- Shredded cheese
- Heat a small amount of the oil in a pan, and add the chopped white onion. Sweat the onion, or cook it until it starts to turn translucent, you don’t have to brown it at all. Mix in the chopped cilantro and a squeeze of the lime. Stir in the cooked shrimp. Gently mix in the crab until the shrimp and crab are just heated through. Mix in the fresh salsa so that all of the enchilada filling is covered in salsa.
- Add the shrimp and crab filling to the tortillas and roll up, placing the rolled enchiladas in a baking pan. Repeat with as many enchiladas as you’d like.
- Spread enchiladas with sauce, and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melty and starting to brown. Serve, sprinkled with additional chopped cilantro if desired.