I love this herby brothy veggie filled Slow Cooker Meatball and Potato Soup Recipe. It’s rich and filling, without being heavy and thick, and it’s nice and healthy, and loaded with flavor. Perfect for Meatless Monday or any day.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
I like the slow cooker for soups like this, even though you don’t leave this one unattended for hours, it’s great in the crock-pot because you don’t have to stand over a hot stove for a long time. And, there’s no worry about the soup burning.
Notes about this Meatball Soup recipe
Any small baby potatoes will work for this recipes.
I used a mixture of different potatoes, like reds, Yukon Golds, and purple potatoes. Fingerlings will also work.
You want the potatoes to be small, about 2 inches in size. If you can’t find baby potatoes, you could cut larger potatoes into smaller pieces, but they will mush a bit in the soup; the baby potatoes hold their shape nicely because of their peels.
This soup can also be made on the stove top. Just follow the directions, and cut the cooking time down for each step. Check the doneness of the veggies, and the potatoes as they cook.
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Slow Cooker Meatball and Potato Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Meatball and Potato Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 leeks sliced
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 12 ounces baby potatoes
- about 20 frozen pre-cooked meatballs defrosted
- Heat oil in skillet, add sliced leeks, and cook until leeks are wilted and starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add carrot to the pan, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup broth, scraping pan to loosen any browned bits. Add leek mixture and remaining 3 cups broth, chopped green onions, dried herbs, salt, pepper, and thyme sprigs to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- Add potatoes; cover and cook on LOW for 2 more hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add meatballs to slow cooker and heat until warm. Serve, garnished with additional fresh thyme and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.