Cold & Flu Busting Help: More than 80 wonderful healing things to make you feel better when you’re sick, poorly, under-the weather, or have the flu, or maybe you imbibed a bit too much. I also have a special section at the end with help for PMS symptoms, nausea, and some general guidelines.
Looking for Home Remedies for Sore Throat the cold/flu? Here’s one (in the video) you can try today. Cinnamon Sore Throat Tea to help soothe and comfort when you’re sick.
Then grab the recipe here.
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Feel better soon!
Cold Busting Goodies to help you through the season, from teas and elixirs, soups, cough drops, baked dishes, to some fun stuff thrown in for good measure!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
So much creativity!
When I asked my blogger friends for some home remedies, I had no idea they would come up with this many! It’s clear to me that soup heals almost everything, and liquids are often the key to some quick cold busting! And, they are very creative people!
This Collection for Cold & Flu Busting Help is a companion to the Buzzfeed Post 27 Cold Busting Remedies, Sure To Fix What Ails You
Teas & Elixirs:
1. Cinnamon Sore Throat Tea from Life Currents
2. Cold Busting Elixir from Natural Fit foodie
3. Turmeric Tea from The View from Great Island
4. Lemon Ginger & Honey Health Drink from Kitchen JS
5. Flu Tea from Lisa’s Lemony Kitchen
6. Fresh Ginger Tea with Honey (Salabat) from Manila Spoon
Ginger Tea from Sprinkles and Sprouts
The Hot Honeyed Lemon from Life Currents
Fire Cider from Homespun Seasonal Living
Spiced Golden Turmeric Milk from Food to Glow
Grapefruit Honey Mint Tea from Natural Girl Modern World
Gummies, Cough Drops, & Cough Syrups:
Clockwise, from upper left (see below for links)
1. Cold Busting Coconut Gummies from The Cook’s Pyjamas
2. Cough Candies from Noshing with the Nolands
3. Pineapple Cough Syrup from The View from Great Island
4. Honey Lollipops from Full Belly Sisters
Soups (but not chicken soups):
1. Brown Rice Vegetable Soup from Life Currents
2. Sick Day Special: Easy Peas and Rice Soup from Hello Little Home
3. Old Fashion Tomato Noodle Soup from Hun, What’s for Dinner (appears to be down)
4. Thai Turkey Cold Busting Hot and Sour Egg Drop Soup from Farm Fresh Feasts
5. Tummy Healing Soup For One from Strength and Sunshine
6. Crock Pot Cold-Buster Soup with a Kick from Simple Seasonal
7. Cream of Tomato Soup from Kavey Eats
Easy Tomato & Basil Soup from A Virtual Vegan
Vegan Persimmon and Butternut Squash Soup from Cotter Crunch
Easy Rasam from Revis Foodography
Garlic Soup from Honey and Birch
Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup from Manila Spoon
Chinese Wonton Soup from Lovefoodies
Peanut Butter and Butternut Squash Soup from Recipes from a Pantry
Glass Noodle Soup with Watercress and Peas from Full Belly Sisters
Kale Soup from Fab Food 4 All
Vegan Miso Udon Noodle Soup with Mock Abalone from Elephantastic Vegan
Matzo Ball Soup from Peas and Crayons
Creamy Curry Chickpea Soup from A Virtual Vegan
Minestrone Soup from The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch
Bread Tuscan Soup from Gourmet Project
Roasted Squash & Wild Rice Soup from A Side of Sweet
Carrot & Coriander Soup from Fab Food 4 All
Chickpea Noodle Soup with Spiralized Celeriac from Healthy Slow Cooking
Winter Vegetable Soup from Easy Cooking with Molly
Crock Pot Italian Wedding Soup from Two Healthy Kitchens
Cheesy Broccoli Cheddar Soup from Swanky Recipes
Tomato Ginger Soup with Crunchy Chickpeas from Natural Girl Modern World
Chicken Soups & Broths:
1. Chicken Noodle Soup from Strawmary Smith
2. Chicken Stock – A Nutritious Bone Broth from Sprinkles and Sprouts
3. Cure All Chicken Soup from Sprinkles and Sprouts
4. Healing Lemon Ginger Bone Broth from Turnip the Oven
5. Chicken Soup from Real Food Real Deals
Mom’s Chicken Soup from Healthy Helper Blog
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup from Jessica N Wood
Brodo di Pollo – Italian Chicken Soup from Chew Town
Oven Roasted Chicken in Immunity Boosting Broth from Whole Food Bellies
Chicken Turmeric Vegetable Soup from Fearless Dining
Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder from Two Healthy Kitchens
Crockpot Rustic Chicken Soup from Meal Planning Maven
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Chowder from Family Food on the Table
Crockpot Chicken Phở from Served from Scratch
One Pot Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup from Num’s the Word
Lemongrass Noodle Soup with Cucumber & Chicken from The Flavor Bender
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup from This is How I Cook
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup from Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
Chicken Stew from My Food Story
Not Quite Soups:
1. Cheesy Individual Chicken Casserole en Puff from Erica’s Recipes
2. Chicken Pot Pie from Cooking on a Budget
3. Chicken Soup Chicken (Just What the Doctor Ordered!) from This is How I Cook
4. Sweet Potato Lentil Chili from Healthy Helper Blog
5. Chicken and Ginger Congee (Rice Porridge) from The Work Top
Warm-Spicy Soba Noodles from Easy Cooking with Molly
1. Cranberry Orange Smoothie from Cotter Crunch
2. Honeydew with Ginger Bits Smoothie from The Skinny Pot
3. Valley of the Sun Smoothie from Our Mini Family
4. Turmeric Pina Colada Smoothie from Quite Good Food
5. Lemon Blueberry Smoothie from Healthy Slow Cooking
Cherry Smoothie from Strength and Sunshine
Green Monster Smoothie from Life Currents
1. Anti Hangover Baked Eggs in Spinach and Tomato from Hurry the Food Up
2. Côte d’Azur Cure-All-Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
3. Hangover Popsicles from NY Foodgasm (website is down now)
Other Awesome Stuff:
PMS Symptoms: 1. Dark Chocolate Oblivion Torte from Meal Planning Maven
PMS Symptoms: 2. Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake from Lovefoodies
For the Shower: 3. Peppermint Shower Bombs from Life Currents
Pregnancy Nausea: 4. Mom’s Famous Whipped Hummus from Veggies Don’t Bite
Cookies: 5. Flu-fighter Cookies from 365 Days of Baking
General Tips: Winter Wellness Tips from Healthy Helper Blog
I know what I’ll be heading to the next time I’m sick. These “Cold & Flu Busting Help” ideas are so amazing from such talented bloggers. I wish to thank each and every one of them. And, I can’t wait to try these awesome home remedies, that I’m sure will fix me up in no time. What are your favorite ways to feel better when you’re under-the-weather?
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes FREE to your inbox!
These all look so good to me right now as I’m not feeling well. Thank you for including my tea.
What an amazing collection! Thanks for including mine, am bookmarking for next time I’m under under the weather!
Wow, what I great collection, sure hope I don’t need it but when I do I am coming here!!
What a great collection to have on hand when feeling under the weather! Thanks for including my soup 🙂
Most of us have a cold right now so this post has come at just the right time! Thanks for including my soup:-)
We always go through such a pesky flu period in our house so perfect to have these to fall back on when that happens.
What a great collection of recipe! Definitely will come in handy when one feels under the weather. Thank you for including my garlic pepper gravy recipe here 🙂
What a great all-in-one collection this is! Thank you for including my Chicken Pot Pie.
Fabulous collection! I could have sure used some of these a few weeks back. Thanks for all the wonderful ways to beat a cold/flu!
Thank you so much for featuring my recipes! This is a great resource!
OMG Debi!!! This collection is absolutely magnificent! With all the snowbirds we have here in Florida, we need as much help as we can get when those nasty germs come to visit! Thanks bunches for including my Crockpot Rustic Chicken Soup and Dark Chocolate Oblivion Torte (love the PMS connection!) as well as for all your hard work! Sharing everywhere! Happy New Year my Sweet Friend!
Foods for whatever ail’s ya! This is an amazing collection – sharing!!
What a great collection–I like how you’ve organized everything from tea to cookies!
Thanks for including my soup–my daughter is under the weather and wants me to make a big pot!
I can’t decide where all to share, so I’m pinning various collages to various boards. I appreciate the variety!
So many great ideas! I would say I can’t wait to try them but being sick always is crummy! Maybe I’ll make a few just because!
Now it won’t be so bad if I get sick (bound to happen with two little ones!) Thanks for such a great round-up and for including my chicken and broccoli chowder. These all look so delicious and so healing and comforting 🙂
Awesome collection, saved for the next time we come down with something! Thanks for including my oven roasted chicken in immunity boosting broth 🙂
What an incredible collection! Thank you for including my gummies.
I’m book marking this great post and printing two copies – one for our medicine cabinet and the other for our pantry; great job here!!
Fantastic round-up. I want to try so many of these recipes!
This is a seriously FANTASTIC collection! So honored to be a part of it 🙂