Broccoli and Pea Potage with Thyme (soup): I love soup! Soup can be so healthy and so satisfying. This broccoli and pea potage (potage: French pottage: meaning potted dish, thick soup, stew, or porridge) is filled with veggies and the addition of lentils bumps up the protein as well as the fiber content of the soup.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try it, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
You’ve seen me talk about how much I love lentils before. I think they’re a great vegan option. And, they’re low in calories. Want to learn more about the benefits of lentils? Take a gander at The World’s Healthiest Foods. Also, take a look at some of the other lentil dishes I’m made.
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Broccoli and Pea Potage with Thyme (soup) Recipe
Broccoli and Pea Potage with Thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 lb broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth homemade preferred
- ¾ cup frozen peas thawed
- ¾ cup cooked green or brown lentils
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach cleaned, stems removed, and torn into smaller pieces
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add green onion and shallots and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broccoli, thyme, salt and pepper, and sauté 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add peas and lentils. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly. Add spinach to soup pot.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Return soup to pot, and heat over low until soup is hot.
- Taste for salt and pepper, adding more as desired. Serve hot.