Broccoli Pea Potage (soup) with thyme is filled with veggies, and the addition of lentils bumps up the protein as well as the fiber content of the soup for a delicious and nutritious meal!
I love soup! Soup can be so healthy and so satisfying. This broccoli and pea potage is a great soup to try if you want something new! Potage: French pottage: meaning potted dish, thick soup, stew, or porridge.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
I’ve garnished the soup with some chives and chive flowers from the garden. The flowers have a sharp spicy flavor that goes well with the soup.
You’ve seen me talk about how much I love lentils before.
I think they’re a great vegan option. And, they’re low in calories.
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Broccoli Pea Potage (soup) Recipe
Broccoli Pea Potage (soup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 lb broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth homemade preferred
- ¾ cup frozen green peas thawed
- ¾ cup cooked green or brown lentils
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach cleaned, stems removed, and torn into smaller pieces
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add green onion and shallots and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broccoli, thyme, salt and pepper, and sauté 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add peas and lentils. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly. Add spinach to soup pot.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Return soup to pot, and heat over low until soup is hot.
- Taste for salt and pepper, adding more as desired. Serve hot.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.