Chocolate Espresso Sauce a luscious silky chocolate sauce with the yumminess of espresso added!
We finally celebrated my husband’s birthday with his family; well, we were only about a month late!
For his birthday he requested one of his favorite desserts. Angel Food Cake. I thought it would be nice served with a sauce of some kind, so we weren’t eating plain cake. This Chocolate Espresso Sauce turned out to be just perfect! It’s easy, chocolaty, and super yummy. I also like it that it isn’t a cream-based sauce.
I served the Chocolate Espresso Sauce over Birthday Angel Food Cake, and it was delish! With the leftover sauce, I stirred it into some almonds and cashews, for a chocolate-nut treat that I ate while we watched some 80’s movie! It was super yummy both ways. It would also be great over ice cream, or a little drizzle over fruit or pie would be lovely as well.
And, if the use of corn syrup bothers you, remember that they do sell organic corn syrup. I really like the light vanilla flavor of this one.
With that, I bring you this easy and yummy Chocolate Espresso Sauce.
Chocolate Espresso Sauce Recipe
Chocolate Espresso Sauce
- ½ tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate finely chopped (60% cacao)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine espresso powder, water, and corn syrup in a small heavy saucepan, and bring it to a boil, stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, chocolate, and salt. Stir until chocolate is melted and sauce is smooth.
Sauce can be made 3 days ahead and kept chilled, covered. Warm over low heat or on low for a few seconds in the microwave before serving.
Makes about 3/4 cup of sauce, so I figured about 6 servings at 2 tablespoons each
Adapted from Epicurious