Tailgating Month on the Blog is so much fun! And, I’m excited to bring you the next yummy idea! This one’s more of a main dish, rather than just a snack. It’s super yummy and really fun!
Remember those Soft Pretzel Buns I shared earlier? Yep, Here’s what I hinted at: Corn Fritter Sliders with Smashed Avocado and Enchilada Sauce on Pretzel Buns (whew, that was a mouthful!)
I often tell my husband that I don’t give him the “no-mess guarantee” with dinner. And, I say the same thing to you with these. You’ll want a napkin, or two (or maybe even a knife and fork)! But, all those flavors and yummies all wrapped up in a warm pretzel bun… yum. I mean, really yum!
I almost always have a jar of homemade Easy Enchilada Sauce in the fridge. Just warm that in the microwave for a minute. If you don’t have some already made, you’ll find the Easy Enchilada Sauce recipe here. This sauce is so much tastier than the canned kind, and doesn’t take that long to make. You’ll be happy you took the time to make this one!
I recommend making the Corn Fritter batter first, then, before you fry it, cut your Pretzel Buns in half. Now, you don’t have to butter toast the buns, but I highly recommend it, especially if the pretzel buns were made the day before (toasting them will perk them back up!). Give the insides of the Pretzel Buns a light smear of butter or oil, and in a hot skillet, toast the buttered side until golden brown. The crunchy toasty insides of the buns make a fun crunch and are really tasty.
Next, fry up your Corn Fritters, and place them on the toasted Pretzel Buns. In a small bowl, smash some avocado with a little salt and chopped cilantro, and top the Corn Fritter with some of the avocado. Next, drizzle with some Easy Enchilada Sauce. Devour! And don’t forget the napkins!
Corn Fritters Recipe
Be sure to scroll down to get the full instructions for the Corn Fritter Sliders with Avocado on Pretzel Buns
- 2 cups corn defrosted if frozen
- ½ cup flour or corn flour or rice flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 Serrano chile finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 handful cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Mix the all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, form into 6 patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Adapted from Closet Cooking
Corn Fritter Sliders with Avocado on Pretzel Buns Recipe
Corn Fritter Sliders with Smashed Avocado and Enchilada Sauce on Pretzel Buns
- Pretzel Buns
- Butter or oil
- Cooked Corn Fritters
- Pinch salt
- Chopped cilantro
- Easy Enchilada Sauce
- Making the Corn Fritter batter, then, before you fry it, cut your Pretzel Buns in half. Give the insides of the buns a light smear of butter or oil, and in a hot skillet, toast the buttered side until golden brown.
- Fry up your Corn Fritters, and place them on the toasted Pretzel Buns. In a small bowl, smash some avocado with a little salt and chopped cilantro, and top the Corn Fritter with some avocado. Next, drizzle with some Easy Enchilada Sauce. Top with the top of the Pretzel Bun. Devour!
Soft Pretzel Bun Recipe:: https://lifecurrentsblog.com/soft-pretzel-buns/
Easy Enchilada Sauce Recipe:: https://lifecurrentsblog.com/easy-enchilada-sauce/