Lavender Simple Syrup Recipe
Lavender Simple Syrup Recipe is a great way to get the wonderful flavor of lavender into all kinds of desserts. It’s easy to make, and lovely in special desserts.
This post contains affiliate links, which if you buy something won’t cost you any extra, but will help support this blog. Thanks!
I recently went to a local dessert restaurant that’s known for its lavender desserts. While there, I ordered the lavender with honey milkshake. And that got me thinking, I still have some lovely lavender at home. I could probably make that milkshake myself.
So, I figured I’d start with a lavender syrup as my base. And, this syrup is so good that I wanted to share it with you.
What can I do with lavender?
- Drizzle this lavender syrup over vanilla ice cream.
- Add it to sparkling water to make a lovely mocktail.
- Toss some in with some vodka to make a simple cocktail.
- Make a lavender cake (which I had at the dessert restaurant as well). Even a simple vanilla or yellow cake, made into a poke cake with this lavender syrup would be delicious!
- There are so many things you can do with flavored syrups.
Lavender has a wonderful light flavor. To me, it comes across as woodsy, outdoorsy, or floral. It’s often paired with lemon, so it tends toward the citrus flavors. I think it’s warm and welcoming.
Make sure you use lavender that’s safe to eat. Not all lavender flowers are safe to eat. Over this past summer we had the opportunity to go to a lavender farm, so I know that my lavender is safe to eat.
Lavender Simple Syrup Recipe:
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 1 drop of purple or violet food coloring optional
- Place all ingredients except the food coloring in a medium pot, cover, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer with the lid on for about 10 minutes. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer. Stir in the food coloring, adding more as desired to reach the desired color. Store in a jar with a tight fitting lid in the fridge.
Check out some of my other lavender recipes:
Click on the photo to get to the recipe