Lime Meltaway Cookies are an easy to make, delicious little shortbread cookie flavored with tart lime that’s simply divine. Take that little cookie, and coat it in powdered sugar, and these cookies just melt in your mouth!
These are a perfect treat for cookie exchanges, Santa’s cookie plate, or just making for yourself! I won’t tell anyone!
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
I recently finished making all the Christmas cookies for this year! Whew & Yippie!!
I try to make a variety of cookies, you know, something for everyone. Something mocha, something lighter in flavor like a citrus or sugar cookie. One more complicated, some easier, maybe even a no-bake cookie to make it easier on the baker. Fancy Cookie Recipes. Simple Cookie Recipes.
These Lime Meltaway Cookies are a great addition to any cookie tray.
A simple little shortbread cookie with a kiss of lime!
They’re easy, the recipe makes a large batch, and the cookies aren’t chocolatey (so they please people who may have had too much chocolate or people who can’t have any chocolate like my mom).
I also like the brightness of the lime during the colder darker winter months. I think it lifts the spirits and brightens people’s days.
And, they’re delicious! I have a friend who always requests these for any potluck, so I make them often!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and yours!
This year’s Christmas cookie gift tray includes From top to bottom: Homemade Girl Scout Cookies, aka Samoas which I call Tropical Pacific Cookies, these Lime Meltaway Cookies, and Mocha Bonbons.
Follow me on Pinterest
I have a whole board dedicated to all things citrus – lime, lemon, orange, grapefruit – over on Pinterest. Find it here.
I’m testing Pinterest’s new pincodes.
The circle image you see below is their pincode for my Citrus board. If you open the camera within your Pinterest app on your phone and aim it at the circle, it’ll take you to my Citrus + Lemon + Lime + Orange Recipes board. So, as long as Pinterest supports this technology, it should work. I also made it so you can simply click the image to get the board.
More easy to make and delicious cookies!
Click on the picture to get to the recipe
Animal Cracker Sandwich Cookies with Aunt Lois’ Wedding Cake Frosting
Berliner Kranz Cookies are Norweigan Christmas Cookies
Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Lime Meltaway Cookies Recipe
Lime Meltaway Cookies
- ¾ cup 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' powdered sugar, divided use
- Finely grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- Cream together the butter and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar using a sturdy fork, a hand mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, until pale and fluffy. Add lime zest, lime juice and vanilla, and mix until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Divide dough in half. Place each half on an 8x12-inch sheet of parchment paper. Roll in parchment to form a log 1 ¼-inches in diameter. Refrigerate logs until cold and firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Remove parchment paper from dough, and cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Space rounds 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with silpats or parchment paper. Bake cookies until barely golden, about 13 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool slightly, 8 to 10 minutes. Place remaining 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl or a resealable plastic bag. While still warm, toss cookies in sugar to coat. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 36 cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart