Happy Tailgating Snacks Month!
These little Mini Taco Cups are perfect for any tailgating or football party spread. They’re easy to make, delicious to eat, and totally flexible in what you put on them. I love black beans and red peppers on my Mexican food. And, of course, I love avocado! But, if you have some roasted green chiles or salsa that you want to put on them, feel free. A dollop of sour cream would be lovely on them as well.
These Mini Taco Cups would also be wonderful for an after school snack for the kiddos (or an after work snack for the husband!).
I have a great set of biscuit cutters in all sizes. I got my set from Amazon. If you don’t have a 3-inch round cutter, use the drinking end of a drinking glass or the open end of the empty bean can to cut the flatbread rounds. Once you’ve cut the rounds, the rest is super simple, layer on the yummies, and pop in the oven for a few minutes. Serve them warm and melty.
Oh, and you can pre-make these Mini Taco Cups as well. Layer them and bake them up as directed, then place them in the fridge. Once you’re ready to eat them (like maybe you’ve gone to a friend’s house or maybe you just made them well before the kids came home from school), just pop them back in the oven for a couple minutes until they’re warm and melty again.
- 3-4 flatbreads
- Easy Enchilada Sauce
- ¾ cup Shredded pepperjack and Cheddar cheese
- Finely chopped red pepper
- Black beans drained and rinsed
- Dried oregano
- Avocado cut into small pieces, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with oil, and set aside.
- Place a flatbread on a cutting board, and using a 3-inch round biscuit cutter, press down firmly on the flatbread, to cut 3-4 circles out of each flatbread. Gently place each circle into a muffin cup.
- Spoon about ½ tablespoon enchilada sauce in each cup. Top sauce with about 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Top each cup with some black beans and chopped red peppers. Sprinkle a little dried oregano on top of each cup.
- Bake in for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned and the flatbreads have browned nicely. Carefully remove tray from oven, and allow taco cups to cool a bit, about 1 minute, in the muffin tray. Using a table knife, pop each taco cup out of the muffin tray, and serve, garnished with avocado chunks, if desired.
For Printing: Find the Easy Enchilada Sauce here: https://lifecurrentsblog.com/easy-enchilada-sauce/