This Slow Cooker Pesto Potato Soup with Meatballs is a hearty comforting soup that’s made in the slow cooker or crock pot.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try it, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
In a hurry? Use store-bought pesto rather than making your own. I’ve had some really good ones lately.
As for the meatballs, use your favorites! I love Trader Joe’s meatless meatballs. In fact, my whole family loves them. Most of them like the meatless ones better than the meaty ones. But, if you prefer, use your favorite – beef, pork, turkey, chicken, or homemade. Anything will work here.
To toast pine nuts: Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and bake at 375° F, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, about 5 to 10 minutes. Or, place the pine nuts in a dry heavy skillet, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes.
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Slow Cooker Pesto Potato Soup with Meatballs Recipe
Slow Cooker Pesto Potato Soup with Meatballs
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
Make the pesto:
- Combine the garlic and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the basil, salt, and pepper to taste and process until ground into a paste. With the food processor running, drizzle the olive oil through the feed tube, processing until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve the soup.
Make the soup:
- Place the oil and garlic in a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker, cover, and cook on low while you clean and dice the potatoes, garlic should be fragrant when ready. Add the prepared potatoes and broth and season with salt. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- When the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork, use an immersion blender to puree the soup right in the slow cooker. Or, puree soup in batches in a blender, returning the soup to the slow cooker to keep warm.
- 15 minutes before you are going to serve the soup, add the desired amount of meatballs, about 3-5 meatballs per serving, to the slow cooker. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Ladle the soup into bowls being sure to get the desired number of meatballs per serving, top the meatballs with a spoonful of pesto, and garnish with a sprinkling of pine nuts.