As part of the healthy eating cleanse, I bring you, Spinachy Green Goddess Dip, in all its green, earthy goodness. It’s an herby ranch-like dressing that you don’t have to feel guilty about (just keep your portions in control). It’s high in calcium, low in fat and calories, and spinach is high in good-for-you vitamins and minerals.
Serve it with veggies, like red pepper and cauliflower. Or, go for a monochromatic presentation of zucchini, broccoli, and celery. Dress a salad with this green goodness. Serve it with crackers or as a sandwich spread.
Switch the herbs up in different seasons. Basil and tarragon in the summer months. Chives, thyme, and rosemary in the winter. Whatever suits your fancy.
Spinachy Green Goddess Dressing or Dip Recipe
Spinachy Green Goddess Dip
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat organic sour cream
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup assorted fresh herbs like basil, chives, parsley, thyme, mint, tarragon, and rosemary
- 1 scallion green part only
- pinch kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- squeeze fresh lemon if desired
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and uniformly green. Taste for seasonings, adding salt, pepper, and lemon as desired. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!
Makes about 3/4 cup, or 6 servings of 2 tablespoons each